Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

audio video crew and equipment sought

• 24-01-2012 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Crew & resources needed for action/comedy short film in Wexford. This is an update to a previous notice looking for actors only. Crew dropped out suddenly due to emigration matters.
    No fee but DVD offered of finished product and it will be entered into all festivals and online showcases etc. at home and abroad that it is eligible for. Contact Niall on laceyn@eircom.net or ring 087 9671416.
    1. Sound recording equipment and operator(s)
    2. Editing suite and editing experience. Seeking better than consumer spec if possible.
    3. DP/cameraman with some experience (note also: movie being shot on Canon XM2 video camera but interested in two-camera setup if a second camera is available as long as exposure etc. can be matched in editing with Canon XM2).
    4. Video lighting equipment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Just wondering, is there a particular reason, stylistic or otherwise, you are shooting on MiniDV? It seems like a bizarre choice in 2012. Even HDV would be stretching things if you are festival bound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Neil Antoni

Hi,
    I'm shooting on mini DV because that's the camera I have, is the simple and truthful answer. The technology still works and it still looks good and it can still be edited, especially if I end up having to edit on my own pc where HDV would probably crash the damn thing. Regarding festivals, I've seen the DV my camera produces on screen and it is good high quality, still most definitely up to standard for festivals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Eoghanobcd

Hi,
    At the moment i've just finished my batchelor of arts degree in creative digital media and im looking for some work. I would be interested in editing the project and am currently using fcp 7 but hope to upgrade soon.

Please drop me a mail if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 11 fitzy45

Hi Neil,

Just in regard to editing, you do not need anything above consumer spec for editing your DV material. A ten year old laptop would do a grand job of working with it. In the past I have worked with 4k material on a bog standard laptop and it had no problems. Just try and have a 7200rpm drive to work from if anything. DV does not require any fancy bells and whistles. What edit system are you looking for anyway, Avid or FCP?

Eoghanobcd wrote: »
    Hi,
    At the moment i've just finished my batchelor of arts degree in creative digital media and im looking for some work. I would be interested in editing the project and am currently using fcp 7 but hope to upgrade soon.

Thank you. Can you email me at address provided as I can't seem to find your email address in your post?

Neil

• Advertisement

fitzy45 wrote: »
    Hi Neil,

Just in regard to editing, you do not need anything above consumer spec for editing your DV material. A ten year old laptop would do a grand job of working with it. In the past I have worked with 4k material on a bog standard laptop and it had no problems. Just try and have a 7200rpm drive to work from if anything. DV does not require any fancy bells and whistles. What edit system are you looking for anyway, Avid or FCP?

Thanks for the advice - gratefully appreciated.
    What you say makes sense but then it enters my world and everything goes to hell in a hand-basket. I've processed home videos on my desktop with Adobe Premier Elements and, while okay for that, I do spend an inordinate amount of time waiting for whirring Vista blue circle to stop and end up turning off etc. If I get this raw material on tape I want to be able to sit with an editor with a keen eye and see stuff happen as we make decisions. I have no higher spec editing package knowledge to decide between one or the other so whatever is offered with the skills to make it sing and dance and look more refined than I'm currently able to make happen is what I'm chasing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Eoghanobcd wrote: »
    Hi,

Don't bother upgrading from FCP 7. FCP X is rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 fitzy45

Fair enough. But don't expect a working editor with a suite to provide man hours and they're pricey facilities for no pay.

Advertisement