Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Building Plans Required

• 24-01-2012 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭

Would anybody have cad drawings of a medium complexity building of a fairly decent size, I.e 800+ pupil school, large hotel etc. I need them for my final year fire safety engineering project, the only plans I could get we're not complex enough and the lecturers only have a limited number of drawings to distribute.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,657 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Talk to your lecturers.
    Its up to them to supply you with anything you need to complete your project.

You shouldn't be forcd to ask around as most companies are protective of this stuff now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

They have 28 students every year so it is hard to come up with enough drawings for them all every year. They asked us to try to find our own but if we can't they will try their best to get us something but we could end with a bad drawing or not a great building. If I can get a good drawing of a decent building myself it would be better for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭brdboard

They have 28 students every year so it is hard to come up with enough drawings for them all every year. They asked us to try to find our own but if we can't they will try their best to get us something but we could end with a bad drawing or not a great building. If I can get a good drawing of a decent building myself it would be better for me.

Have you tried contacting any architect's offices, fire consultants, quantity surveyors, etc? Maybe some one local to the college?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Would anybody have cad drawings of a medium complexity building of a fairly decent size, I.e 800+ pupil school, large hotel etc. I need them for my final year fire safety engineering project, the only plans I could get we're not complex enough and the lecturers only have a limited number of drawings to distribute.

your lecturers should understand the copyright issues here.

you may possibly be granted access to cad dwg files of the planing stage drawings, as these are for public viewing.

Advertisement