Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breed of Limousin

• 24-01-2012 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Looking for views on a good bull within the limousin breed. Easy calving is a must along with having a decent weanling at the end of the year

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Looking for views on a good bull within the limousin breed. Easy calving is a must along with having a decent weanling at the end of the year

Is it for pedigrees?

I get straws from www.powerfulgenetics.com

I have a number of calves on the ground off Sauvignon. I have to say that him crossed with my cows and heifers brings a classy calf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Are you dealing with one AI station in particular or can the straws come form anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

If u lookin for real easy calving. Grahams Apache looks a good bet also has great milk figures and from a super pedigree. his maternal half brother Grahams Samson was costing €100 at his peak and is well respected by the best of breeders. 10 euro from sligo ai and they throw in 10% foc for diy users.

reilig wrote: »
    Is it for pedigrees?

I have a number of calves on the ground off Sauvignon. I have to say that him crossed with my cows and heifers brings a classy calf.

Could'nt agree more!! Got Veteran, Dancer and Cerberus of him recently. Have used Regius Vantastic Hawk and Unbeatable from him in the past with super results especially the Regius and Vantastics!! Have a Vantastic x Regius x Gamin x Espior x Ferry heifer that i was told to show this year an absolute stunner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭foundation10

reilig wrote: »
    Is it for pedigrees?

No it is just for commercial suckler herd, cows include lim, six, bb and aa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭foundation10

Bizzum wrote: »
    Are you dealing with one AI station in particular or can the straws come form anywhere?

I can take straws from anywhere

If u lookin for real easy calving. Grahams Apache looks a good bet also has great milk figures and from a super pedigree.

Any calves off Apache? I was thinking of making an order for heifers.

Bizzum wrote: »
    Any calves off Apache? I was thinking of making an order for heifers.

No first ones not due til early autumn ,july i think. Bull is now owned by an Irish Guy somewhere over west. heard good things about the pedigree calves he puting out

I can take straws from anywhere

Ampertaine Brigadeer ABI from Eurogene is breeding well for us.

Throw your eye on the Sligo AI site too, you can order online.
    Haltcliff Dancer HCF at €12/ straw is suppose to be breeding well .

From Progressive Genetics But FL25 has his fans too.

From Dovea Ardlea Electric looks the part.

Decide what you're aiming to produce, eg fancy weanlings or heavy beef carcass or replacement heifers etc. And make a decision from here!

ABI and HCF are not easy calving

• Advertisement

ABI and HCF are not easy calving

Hands up. I missed the easy calving requirement in the first post.

I'll have to rethink so:D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ddogsbollix

does anyone know an A.I technician from dovea that covers east mayo??

Advertisement