Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Naul

Options
  • 24-01-2012 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I am planning on relocating to Naul Co Dublin and I was wandering what it was like to live in.

I searched all North Dublin last week for somewhere to live and this seemed really nice, but know absolutely nothing about it

Any advice or opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Not from the Naul but ........... I think it would be a good choice.

I like the Naul its ideally located just 10 minutes from Balbriggan 15 from Swords 15 from Drogheda. There appears to be good community spirit with some good local clubs and activities close by. Clan Mhuire are the local G.A.A. club and they do great work for the kids of the area. The Seamus Ennis cultural centre is good with a varied programme of events. There is the shop Pub and Church in the centre of the village. And from what Ihear a good school at the top of the hill. Its a great bit of country side for walking and cycling

A few small estates (2 I think) have been built but it is still a nice village with a lot of decent people.

Maybe you should P.M Frank Spencer a regular contributor on here who is from that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jamielee mcgirl

Thanks for the help LeoB, it all seems positive. :):)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is a nice little village,picturesque.
    It has very little in it and you would need a car to do most things.
    The Seamus Ennis centre is wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

I moved there around a year and a half ago and i love it, we are renting a house in the middle of nowhere but the locals are very nice and there is always something to do.... a few nice places near the Naul as well like Clonalvy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Your subject line reads like a big boast.
    Living in the Naul, you lucky thing.:D
    Enjoy, its beautiful, lovely community,
    Jealous..who me??:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 jamielee mcgirl

:):) Thanks folks really looking forward to moving now. Will be renting too so am keeping an eye out on daft. Is there any nice estates. I have a son and am afraid he might be bored and would like him to meet friends

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭madnolla

Just wondering if there is any form of public transport in The Naul.
    I saw a beautiful house that I'd love to buy, but unfortunately I don't drive as of yet.
    It would be a shame if I could not go for this house, but I'd need to be able to commute to work.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

There was a bus if I remember correctly that ran every Saturday into Balbriggan. Not sure if it is there anymore.

There may be private companies running buses but no public ones as far as I know. The Naul is a drive/walk/cycle village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I've always wondered - why is it called The Naul ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I've always wondered - why is it called The Naul ?
    Probably from it's Irish name - An Aill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Many years ago, the beautiful young lady from The Naul, with whom I was infatuated, informed me that the "The" was due to poor anglicisation of "An Aill" (The Cliff?). The roadsigns show "Naul" but, whatever about anglicisation, "The Naul" is easier to say.

Did I mention The Naul's great looking wimmin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

BrensBenz wrote: »
    Many years ago, the beautiful young lady from The Naul, with whom I was infatuated, informed me that the "The" was due to poor anglicisation of "An Aill" (The Cliff?). The roadsigns show "Naul" but, whatever about anglicisation, "The Naul" is easier to say.

Did I mention The Naul's great looking wimmin?

Your funny, :D
    My friend is from the Naul, beautiful 6 foot blond, single, age 40.;)

Advertisement