Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League Rules

Options
  • 24-01-2012 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Global server settings:
    Punkbuster: ON
    FriendlyFire: ON
    TeamBalance: OFF
    KillCam: OFF
    MiniMap: ON
    3rdPersonVehicleCameras: ON
    CrossHair: ON
    Vehicles Spawn Time: 100% (default)
    Spawn only on Squadleader: ON
    3DSpotting: OFF
    MiniMapSpotting: ON
    HardCore: OFF
    Regenerate Health: OFF
    Ticketratio: default (250 and 300)
    Startdelay: 30s (default)
    Vehicles: ON

I would suggest the above, no idea what "unlocks only" means :confused:

Copied the above from clanbase and changed a few :)

Anyone want somethign else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I would suggest the above, no idea what "unlocks only" means :confused:

Copied the above from clanbase and changed a few :)

Anyone want somethign else?

Why can't we play with the settings we all usually play with on Craggy ?
    I'd change 3D spotting to ON, and have a set vehicle respawn time.

We could also have a few "gentlemen" rules , such as No Rockets on infantry, limit bunnyhopping, MAVing up buildings... etc ?
    Not enforceable, but out of respect for everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Why can't we play with the settings we all usually play with on Craggy ?
    I'd change 3D spotting to ON, and have a set vehicle respawn time.

Im not too bothered about settings (but some people are).

No idea whats set on Craggy.

90% of the time i play on hardcore, if it was up to me it would be HC :) Best to let the forum decide. So atm your winning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Not worried what rules we take, keep it as close normal vanilla game as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

We run Craggy as normal with health regen and vehicle regen disabled and killcam off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yeah i think keep it the same as Craggy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

i think we should try play it as close to normal as possible, ladder rules like clanbase usually take all the fun out of it :)

But having friendly fire on and no health regain for people or tanks could make for a more squad based game.

Keep it like a public game, but dissallow mav lifting. That way peeps can enjoy the game without worrying about rules.

Ticket limits?

Plan is 2 rounds of Conq and 2/1 rounds of Rush with scores combined.

Also what way is rush scored if a defending team holds out on teh 1st mcom?

Is that too long a game time?

we agreeing on gentlemanly rules ?

No basecamping / spawnkilling / stealing from uncaps / MAVing / Rocket -> Infantry (constantly) etc ?

No basecamping / spawnkilling / stealing from uncaps / MAVing / Rocket -> Infantry (constantly) etc ?

Agreed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Agreed

Etc is a big word! In a clan match if the other team pushes you back into your base then you are gonna get killed no matter what, thats a part of clan matches I'm afraid.

The only thing I dont like is the misuse of the Mav. After that anything goes tbh.

Me flying into your base in a chopper or jet and raping your jets / helis etc is ok ? :confused:

By "etc" I mean the obvious ones that didn't come to mind at the time.
    I assume people here know how to play without being a$$holes , i.e., not to spawnrape or shoot into spawn "etc" ;)

Me flying into your base in a chopper or jet and raping your jets / helis etc is ok ? :confused:

By "etc" I mean the obvious ones that didn't come to mind at the time.
    I assume people here know how to play without being a$$holes , i.e., not to spawnrape or shoot into spawn "etc" ;)

Thats fine but the issue of if your team loses all the flags and is forced back back to spawn, the other team will try and wipe out your tickets.

That has to be accepted, for the 2 boards teams playing organised clans it has a high possibility.

So I take it we're going with these then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Serverside settings look grand to me there. Would prefer Spawn only on Squadleader: OFF though

Basecamping and spawnkilling is only ever a problem on public servers tbh, some bellend ignores his team and goes prone behind a spawn point for the whole game just to rack up kills.

In clan games, if we lose all our flags, we expect that the other team will push and although it's tough to take, that's the game. So it has to be taken onboard and accepted... no matter the bitter taste it leaves.

Another example, if we fail to utilise our tank, and it gets stolen, (where possible), then that's our fault for not protecting our team's assets, a team deserves to get punished for that!

It's often impossible to enforce other gentlemanly rules in clan games tbh, RPG's to the face, No M320. Someone is always going to have to fire that RPG if it's equipped and they are taken by surprise or break out the newbt00b or C4 a flag, (I f**kin hate this one!)...what do you do with that? Bitch and moan in text chat and restart the game? I would rather just get on with it tbh.

The game engine itself is the battlefield/playground. Basically, if you can do it in the game, then it should be allowed. "NO HOLDS BARRED" is the easiest enforceable approach to a ruleset apart from serverside configurable settings.

I always found Squadleader spawn only, as per BF2 was much better.
    It put more onus on whoever was willing to be squad leader, to be more careful and try stay alive, which in turn led to better teamwork.
    Spawning on everyone, you have 3x the chance to spawn and disregard having to be cautious at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Match question :

Of the 3 conquest and 3 Rush maps selected .

we are playing just one of each on sunday night . 2 Rounds of each

eg: Crossing Conquest play both sides. then Peak Rush play both sides.

next match can agree different maps for the 6 voted maps , say Karkand Conquest/ Kharg Rush next Match

I always found Squadleader spawn only, as per BF2 was much better.
    It put more onus on whoever was willing to be squad leader, to be more careful and try stay alive, which in turn led to better teamwork.
    Spawning on everyone, you have 3x the chance to spawn and disregard having to be cautious at all.

I'd normally agree but thanks to DICE limiting squads to 4 ppl you're losing 25% of your attacking force straightaway.
    It was grand in BF2 where you had 6 people in a squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

What kind of clan wars do you play ? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

Are players in China allowed in this league?

Will set server up early today and will let KD know the password.

Advertisement