Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College help

Options
  • 24-01-2012 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I would love to do midwifery afterschool, maybe in NUIG or somewhere else, possibly dublin. I don't think I will get the points for it though which scares me a lot because of my subjects and knowing so little about the course and what it involves ect
    Does anyone know if there is anyway of me getting into the course without all the points, maybe do midwifery through something else? I'm becoming disheartened by it all and im so worried about not knowing what to do by the end of it the LC, your help would be very much appreciated :)

My subjects are
    Maths O
    English H
    Biology H
    Geography H
    Home economics H
    French O
    Irish O
    LCVP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

If you look up under nursing training in Ireland in google. This will give you information on ucd and dcu among other colleges.
    I would advise you to consider doing general nursing to keep your options open.
    Would you consider studying in England?
    for information re the uk look up http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk
    One of my friends really wanted to do nursing but was not sure she would get it in Ireland. So she applied to the uk to do general nursing.
    She worked hard and now she has her degree and further courses in the nursing area she works in.
    I have seen so called bright people do very poor in the leaving. I know some people who worked hard and did better long term than the other people they were in school with.
    Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

There are probably some PLC courses about nursing ran in your area, you should maybe look into applying to one of those? After that, you can use the PLC to get into college instead of points. It will also give you an idea of what nursing/midwifery is like.

Advertisement