Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA vs Ireland network prices.

Options
  • 24-01-2012 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

As many of you will know the Galaxy Nexus is the first phone with android 4.0. I did a quick price check on a bill pay deal on meteor and verizon ( an american carrier) On a 18 month contract with meteor you'll get the
    galaxy nexus for €200
    400 minutes
    400 texts
    2GB of data
    for €40 a month

On a 2 year contract with verizon you'll get the
    galaxy nexus for $300 (€230)
    450 minutes
    1000 texts
    2GB of data
    for $80 (€60)

It seems the yanks pay more on the contract and get more minutes ect but pay more for the actual phone. Which deal do you think is better?
    If you know what I'm talking about keep in mind Meteor uses GSM and Verizon uses CDMA and verizon has LTE (4G).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

pigeon999 wrote: »
    As many of you will know the Galaxy Nexus is the first phone with android 4.0. I did a quick price check on a bill pay deal on meteor and verizon ( an american carrier) On a 18 month contract with meteor you'll get the
    galaxy nexus for €200
    400 minutes
    400 texts
    2GB of data
    for €40 a month

On a 2 year contract with verizon you'll get the
    galaxy nexus for $300 (€230)
    450 minutes
    1000 texts
    2GB of data
    for $80 (€60)

It seems the yanks pay more on the contract and get more minutes ect but pay more for the actual phone. Which deal do you think is better?
    If you know what I'm talking about keep in mind Meteor uses GSM and Verizon uses CDMA and verizon has LTE (4G).

American minutes are for both incoming and outgoing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I think you want the mobiles forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=411

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement