Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA vs Jobseekers

Options
  • 24-01-2012 10:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Im currently on Jobseekers which is 188 a week. Im just wondering what sort of grant would I expect to get if I go back to college. When are the payments made and how much? Would I get the same amount over the course of the year as I would on Jobseekers?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

BTEA is generally paid at the maximum standard rate which for a single person is €188 per week, so you won't receive any more per week than what you are currently on. You can also get a cost of education allowance which is €300 to help you get books and materials.

If you get BTEA you can only apply for a fee grant to cover the registration fees for PLC and third level courses. You cant get the maintenance grant.

Advertisement