Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wow.... The Monkey Sons

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

DeVore wrote: »
    Think you might get a bit of a giggle from this...

Excellent...amazing how the bands we grew up with are now drawing or nearly drawing a pension.

...was always partial to a Bangle....they're looking fierce good for their mid- 50s...
    ysNzu8ymjeU0_m.jpg

MOD EDIT: Resized the picture

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

They do but thats not "The Monkeys" I linked... thats some hippy hoppy type group with a wicked line in riffs and lyrics :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I don't remember them! :eek:

Learned today that Aretha Franklin (69) had called off the wedding! :D You go, girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

Ha Ha ,Hey Hey !!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

That's great! So damn catchy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

The fruit(cases) of Micky Dolenz's loins. . .Ha. Ha. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Surely you mean fruitcakes? Non? :p
    Moaning all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Spread wrote: »
    Surely you mean fruitcakes? Non? :p
    Moaning all :)

Was trying to infer fruit and nut cases. . .

Yes I know dear! :D But the correct terminology is fruitcake. As in "as nutty as a fruitcake".

This I gleaned from years living in London. But the word is gaining momentum in Ireland over the past decade (may be due to English soaps).

Baskets of Fruit and Nuts may give rise to the term Basket Case.

Both mean the same thing but the latter is more offensive than the first ....... especially if you've stopped taking your meds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,568 ✭✭✭✭looksee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8H4IC9ttIU

Everyone's a fruit and nut case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Spread wrote: »
    Yes I know dear! :D But the correct terminology is fruitcake. As in "as nutty as a fruitcake".

This I gleaned from years living in London. But the word is gaining momentum in Ireland over the past decade (may be due to English soaps).

Baskets of Fruit and Nuts may give rise to the term Basket Case.

Both mean the same thing but the latter is more offensive than the first ....... especially if you've stopped taking your meds :D

Wouldn't just 'fruits' do? :p

I remember the ad well. Frank Muir and Patrick Campbell (I think)used to be on a kind of quiz show. Muir (who rolled his Rs in an aristocratic way) did the Cadbury's ads from The Nutcracker Suite. Very funny at the time. There were a few different ones AFAIR.

OK the Classical one was Fruit & Nut case but in O&O we're ageing chavs ....... so FRUITCAKE rules. Not another word out of ye now or I'll paste up a Daniel O'Donnell song :eek::D

Wouldn't just 'fruits' do? :p
    Nein! Unless your sexual proclivities stretch towards the word that once meant frivolous or exciteably happy ducky! When, may I ask, did you last consult Urban Dictionary or Wiki? Or are you an illusion? :D

Advertisement