Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Project Maths 2013

• 24-01-2012 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Heya guys, I'm doing my Leaving cert next year in 2013... and unfortunately We are stuck with New Project Maths... I am having such a trouble that I'm struggling with the course... Is there any Revision Books that actually covers the NPM course? Revision books such as the LSMS or RR? Are they any good?
    Any suggestions would be highly Appreciated, thanks a mil!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Im the same as you! Im not sure if there are revision books out yet for our course, there probably is tbh. The books fairly crap to be honest but sure at the end of the day we're all in the same boat, half our teachers haven't a clue what you could be asked or anything but I suppose no one else does either!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 KayleighRen

Glee_GG wrote: »
    Im the same as you! Im not sure if there are revision books out yet for our course, there probably is tbh. The books fairly crap to be honest but sure at the end of the day we're all in the same boat, half our teachers haven't a clue what you could be asked or anything but I suppose no one else does either!

well yeah, that is true... i seriously think the books are horrible... they dont even have good examples and explanations of the type of questions... i remembered when i was doing my JC last year, the books back then was very good... and nowadays... omg, i dont even know how to describe them :/.. and there is sooooo many mistakes =.=. and yh.. i reckon that they'd have it... but say not any time soon... i'd say
    well... let's pray that they will go easy on us TT^TT, because i dont want to fail this subject... :/ nor any others haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭lestat21

Which book are ye working from??

lestat21 wrote: »
    Which book are ye working from??

Text and Test, and it's crap..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭lestat21

Ya that is one book that I think is really crap cos from briefly flipping thru it, I found it left out a lot of the junior cert maths students havent studied cos they didnt do project maths at JC

If you get a chance have a look at the active maths books, theyre much better and I found the explanations really good.. bt could be one of the books students were giving out bout in this forum :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Are you higher level or OL? Check out the new Zealand or a level stuff. Sample chapters and texts available online for example the http://www.cimt.plymouth.ac.uk/ have entire books available which I have taught with ( more focused on worded questions than our old books) and http://www.haesemathematics.com.au/home.asp which have sample chapters.

Projectmaths.ie has some good stuff, in particular Under the teaching and learning category though I will put a warning in there that everything is not always correct as a lot of the resources are still being amended.

Finally remember that the big thing with projectmaths is how much you can do without having seen a question before. If you have to try a question five ways because you are not sure which will work then do them all. You will learn far more than finding the solution at the back and it will help you cope with the new type of questioning.

Good luck

lestat21 wrote: »
    Ya that is one book that I think is really crap cos from briefly flipping thru it, I found it left out a lot of the junior cert maths students havent studied cos they didnt do project maths at JC

If you get a chance have a look at the active maths books, theyre much better and I found the explanations really good.. bt could be one of the books students were giving out bout in this forum :confused:

yeah, one of my friend from CCC have that book, i'll have a lend off her. Hopefully it'll help. Thanks anyways :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

The Concise Maths textbooks are really good imo. Humphreys is really good at explaining things in an easy way!! Good revision questions at the back of the books too. Also if your with Eircom you should sign upto Study Hub.. They have revision lectures on all topics given by Humphreys and other teachers!! I think its really good :D reckon it'll pass me my LC HL Maths anyway... well hopefully :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1 florina

Hi to you all, im struggling with my maths too especially with the fact that there doesnt seem to be any help/revision books for us. im confused as to what is and is not on the lc as it has even changed since lasst year. Im repeating as i failed last time and due to sit in June (O L). Im using text & tests which i find hard. Anyway has anyone got the solutions done out in their copy book from working during the year, i would like to buy them off someone so that i can revise. Many thanks <snip>

No email addresses please - Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 6 newjack202

I have videos for the course posted up at www.youtube.com/leavingcertmaths. I hope to post up more exam solutions soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

newjack202 wrote: »
    I have videos for the course posted up at www.youtube.com/leavingcertmaths. I hope to post up more exam solutions soon.
    Wow, you seem to have put a lot of effort into it and it looks very tidy :P

Advertisement