Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many Triumphs in Ireland?

• 24-01-2012 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

This applies to triumph CAR owners in ireland.

Ive been meaning to ask this for a while now. just out of curiosity really, how many Triumphs are there in Ireland? I'm a Triumph Enthusiast myself.
    if you have a triumph, running or not, comment on this with what youve got and additional info if you want.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Bigus

There's an Irish Triumph Club

http://www.tcoc.ie/

Where's OKIstag lately ?

Triumph club Ireland

Where's okistag lately ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭gfwd

I've no idea but I have a Dolomite and have brought 2 other Triumphs into the country over the past 10 years. There's quite a few here, probably more imports than original Irish cars by now I would think.

There's also an Irish TR club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Okistag slows down during the winter :D

He'll be along soon enough !

To kick it off, I have a TR6, imported from the UK but now on Irish Plates.

I'm also a member of the TCOC.

keving wrote: »
    Okistag slows down during the winter :D

He'll be along soon enough !

To kick it off, I have a TR6, imported from the UK but now on Irish Plates.

I'm also a member of the TCOC.

Gotcha :D

• Advertisement

Or did ya ?

Now you see me, now you don't ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ianofitz

Bigus wrote: »
    There's an Irish Triumph Club

Where's OKIstag lately ?
    myself and my dad are both members of the TCOC :D

ianofitz wrote: »
    myself and my dad are both members of the TCOC :D

You surprise me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭TRNIALL

I own 2 :D Sure you knew that already ;).
    7010 Z
    113 FYI
    Both Dublin Registered Cars,No Ringers Here :cool:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭johnf2020

This is for sale quite close to me..Anybody know it.Seller says its known in Triumph Circles..A friend of mine is vaguely interested but recons the money is steep, yet good ones are making this money in the UK.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2920461

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

johnf2020 wrote: »
    This is for sale quite close to me..Anybody know it.Seller says its known in Triumph Circles..A friend of mine is vaguely interested but recons the money is steep, yet good ones are making this money in the UK.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2920461
    I think I'm correct in saying that was sold in Rathfarnham about 3/4 years back for just over €2200 in similar condition. I was interested at the time :)

(I may be mistaken but I'm certain it was the same car)

the only bad thing about it is that the nct will have to be done on it

the only bad thing about it is that the nct will have to be done on it

I'd consider that a good thing as it will force the new owner to look after it properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭johnf2020

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I think I'm correct in saying that was sold in Rathfarnham about 3/4 years back for just over €2200 in similar condition. I was interested at the time :)

My friend rang about it...Current owner paid over €10000 for in 2007 to the head of the TOC....Has the original ad from Carzone for it.

My friend rang about it...Current owner paid over €10000 for in 2007 to the head of the TOC....Has the original ad from Carzone for it.
    That is Correct,OKISTAG used to own that Car and when he sold it it was Immaculate and according to Reports it is still as Good Today,this Car went into a Private Collection and has done very little Millage since being sold.If your Friend is interested get him to go and see the Car, He will not be Dissapointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭gfwd

Agree with the above. I think Okistag bought it from Dermot Wallace on Leeson Street. The car was absolutely mint and if it's the same now it's selling for a good price. Top drawer Sprints can sell for around 7k sterling over the water.

johnos1984 wrote: »

I may have been mistaken . Happy of I'm wrong as I love BL cats!

The more I look at that Triumph the more pissed off I get that I wasn't born into a rich family

That one in rathfarnham was a white 1850 with sprint wheels' not the same at all
    but it had an Irish Reg

Bigus wrote: »
    That one in rathfarnham was a white 1850 with sprint wheels' not the same at all
    but it had an Irish Reg

I knew I wasn't going mad thinking I had spotted it for sale.........but so long ago I couldn't remember anything more than that.

Good memory btw Bigus :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭salysol

There's an old Triumph sitting in a shed in wexford,that has a very good history attached to it.
    Mainly in the motor racing circuits here and the UK,i have been trying for years to get in to see it ,and take some pics ,but no hope,i believe there is a lot of literature,pictures etc,but i haven't seen any of it.
    I knew the man who raced it,but unfortunately he is no longer with us.
    But hopefully one day i will get to see it.

salysol wrote: »
    There's an old Triumph sitting in a shed in wexford,that has a very good history attached to it.
    Mainly in the motor racing circuits here and the UK,i have been trying for years to get in to see it ,and take some pics ,but no hope,i believe there is a lot of literature,pictures etc,but i haven't seen any of it.

Please keep us informed,I like a Triumph Mystery Story ;).

salysol wrote: »

ohh intriguing ;) do you know what model it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kja1888

I've got a Vitesse on the road and the remains of another one in a thousand pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭salysol

ohh intriguing ;) do you know what model it is?
    yes i know the model,but untill such time as i get the all clear,i'm not at liberty to disclose any info.
    i have been trying to get acess to it for years,so hears hoping i will get some info in the not too distant future.
    when i do i will post it up.

Advertisement