Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Site - IrishSportFishing.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Hi everyone,

Just thought i'd put up some info on the new site at www.IrishSportFishing.com.

And also the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Irish-Sport-Fishing/323364524360981?sk=wall

I hope this isn't classed as spam, as you might find some useful information there. Feel free to leave any feedback or comments.

Thanks!

very nice is the webpage gonna have a forum in the future or keep it as a blog?

I liked the facebook page and ill send it onto my angling buddies:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Irish Sport Fishing

davycc wrote: »
    very nice is the webpage gonna have a forum in the future or keep it as a blog?

I liked the facebook page and ill send it onto my angling buddies:)

Thanks. The main aim for the moment is to ensure the content is good. I have a few ideas for different things throughout the year, so hopefully i can find time for them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Thanks. The main aim for the moment is to ensure the content is good. I have a few ideas for different things throughout the year, so hopefully i can find time for them all!

ah cool! well content is excellent -so far so good:cool:

best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

Excellent website! I love that shot of you chilling out on Church Island on Currane - great spot for lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Very good site, well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

looks great well done, a breath of fresh air really needed to promote our angling,

Thanks everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

looking through your site and i must say it is a great site for info
    well done keep up the good work
    i remember you from currane that day u were out with neil we were fishing out from his yard and i remember ye packing up the gear
    was it the last day of the season or near enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

I wondered what you were up to when the match fishing took a back seat :)

realrebel wrote: »
    looking through your site and i must say it is a great site for info
    well done keep up the good work
    i remember you from currane that day u were out with neil we were fishing out from his yard and i remember ye packing up the gear
    was it the last day of the season or near enough?

Yeah it was either the second last or the last day. Caught plenty of small brownies, a fair few juniors and hooked two salmon (one landed). A decent day although i would have loved to have connected with a couple of decent sea-trout.

Hopefully i'll get back down this season!

• Advertisement

jd wrote: »
    I wondered what you were up to when the match fishing took a back seat :)

Working mostly, and giving a few other sports a lash before i get too old!

I'm sure some of you know Joe Byrne, be it from fishing beside him in competitions, or from his tackle shop in Courtown.

Joe is a busy man but I persuaded him to open up his tackle box!

http://irishsportfishing.com/2012/03/14/joe-byrne-tricks-of-the-trade/

Some great shad fishing at the moment at St. Mullins. I would encourage all anglers to handle these fish carefully and return them as quickly and gently to the water as possible. They are delicate and can take a few minutes to recover. Great fun on light gear though!

http://irishsportfishing.com/2012/05/07/shad-fishing-st-mullins/

Shad.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭iTom

Great site and well done to you.
    Keep up the good work.

It's been a while since i posted here, but i have been updating the site from time to time!

I'm just back from a fantastic two weeks in Kerry, during which the Daiwa Irish Pairs competition was on. You can read more here - http://irishsportfishing.com/2012/10/10/2012-daiwa-irish-pairs/

untitled-17.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Great report Stephen, have you considered writing for any of the mags?

Must get down and fish the pairs one of these years, looks like great fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

It's been a while since i posted here, but i have been updating the site from time to time!

I'm just back from a fantastic two weeks in Kerry, during which the Daiwa Irish Pairs competition was on. You can read more here - http://irishsportfishing.com/2012/10/10/2012-daiwa-irish-pairs/

untitled-17.jpg

Absolutely great shot had you any luck at capagh?

Advertisement