Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Search

Options
  • 24-01-2012 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi i am a single mother of 1 and pregnant with my second child privately renting a home in Waterford city and i am in need of housing i am on the housing list for 4years but not going to see a house anytime soon and i am also on the waiting list for RAS for 2years now and still nothing from them either basically today i have been told that landlords are not signing up with the RAS scheme so there is a shortage in housing, but if i can find a private landlord who would be willing to sign there home on to the RAS scheme they would consider the home as long as it is suitable for my needs and in suitable condition so does any one know how i would go about finding a landlord that would do this for me ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

sam2b2 wrote: »
    Hi i am a single mother of 1 and pregnant with my second child privately renting a home in Waterford city and i am in need of housing i am on the housing list for 4years but not going to see a house anytime soon and i am also on the waiting list for RAS for 2years now and still nothing from them either basically today i have been told that landlords are not signing up with the RAS scheme so there is a shortage in housing, but if i can find a private landlord who would be willing to sign there home on to the RAS scheme they would consider the home as long as it is suitable for my needs and in suitable condition so does any one know how i would go about finding a landlord that would do this for me ?

Probably the longest sentence I've read on boards.ie

Why not try one of the usual agencies and just ask each of the landlords if they are willing to go on a RAS scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sam2b2

lol sorry about the length of it :/
    i have tried agencies but they are not very co operative because they make commision through renting for landlords and i need a lanlord (private) who will sign there house onto the RAS scheme and the council will profit commission instead of agency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

sam2b2 wrote: »
    lol sorry about the length of it :/
    hehehehehe. :D:D

One of the lads I know just asked around to a few landlords would they sign up for it and found one that would so he's sorted now. 10 year lease or something, im not really up on all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

have a look on daft for houses that are being rented directly by the owner or just check any local newspaper in the houses for rent section and ring around and ask to meet if possible and explain your situation

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

Hi i was wondering does anyone know any ras landlords in waterford city i am looking to find a house in the top of the town area that will be willing to rent a house to the local authority under ras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

Hi i was wondering does anyone know any ras landlords in waterford city i am looking to find a house in the top of the town area that will be willing to rent a house to the local authority under ras.

Anyone have any update on this still looking for a place

Advertisement