Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outdoor Security sensor light

Options
  • 24-01-2012 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi

I am just looking for some recommendations on a good security sensor light for outside the house (one for back and side of house). I live on a bungalow on its own and was broken into last week just for car keys and they took the car. Have an alarm but night set was off as we have a new baby and I kept setting it off walking into sitting room in middle of night!! Just think the sensor lights might be more of a deterrent as the Alarm box outside with LED didn't work!

Also wondering are they easy to fit? Any help would be grateful..

Many Thanks
    TDAVFC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tdavfc

Anybody or am I in the wrong forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭THENORTHSIDER

like all things easy to fit if you have the know how if not then you need to get some one who has

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Even when you do have the know how, not much is easy to fit in the electrical game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

You could pick up a cheap sensor light for around 20 quid, but you're better off to get a good brand like Steinel but they'll set you back about 60 quid. But they're worth it. Available in any Wholesaler.

As advised above, get an Electrician to fit them too. Better to have someone with experience fitting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tdavfc

Thanks guys for the input.. I will look for that model and I have contacted somebody about fitting it.

Thanks
    TDAVFC

• Advertisement
Advertisement