Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked sink, water under floorboards - help!

Options
  • 24-01-2012 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I moved into my own flat three months ago, it has just been renovated. My kitchen sink has been backed up the last few days, I've tried a drain unblocker and it did nothing so I've been plunging away to beat the band!
    This has been moving the water but apparently it has been moving it into my floorboards.....
    I can hear the water slushing under the floorboards when I walk on them (they're a laminate wood) and the flat has problems with damp as it is.

Any suggestions for what I can do??
    I hate to feel so useless but I haven't the first idea and don't want to be running to the landlord if it's a simple solution (he was hesitant to let to a single twenty something woman as it was...:mad:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

At this stage you have no choice other than to call your LL, with water under the flooring it's uninhabitable

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

get a plumber now.:eek:

if you have laminate floor, it is probably destroyed beyond repair now never mind all the other damage the water is doing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

get onto landlord ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PinkRed

Oh Jaysus, I thought it was bad but really didn't want to over-react!
    Thanks a million for the feedback, I'll get on to him first thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

PinkRed wrote: »
    my own flat
    Does anyone live underneath you? :eek: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 PinkRed

Nope, ground floor flat - every cloud etc! :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

PinkRed wrote: »
    Nope, ground floor flat - every cloud etc! :rolleyes:

not when your skirting boards and doors warp and will need to be replaced.

Advertisement