Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jak and Daxter Collection

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭T0mmyM

Having missed out on this series when it was released on PS2, I'm really looking forward to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0070VVM0E/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

anyone else looking forward to this i am :)

can i ask when im in checkout also and ready to finish my order its still says pounds right for pre-orders only but anything i want to buy something already out its gives me my order in euros strange

I think amazon don't charge your card until the item ships, so exchange rates could change a bit between now and then so they won't quote a euro price yet. Not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Ahh brilliant, i remember collecting ALL the precursor orbs in one of these !

Something similar to collecting all the flags in Assassins creed, zzzzzz

The missus likes it though so might purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I remember being completely obsessed with these three games when I was, what, 12? Something like that. Can't wait to get them again. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0070VVM0E/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

anyone else looking forward to this i am :)

can i ask when im in checkout also and ready to finish my order its still says pounds right for pre-orders only but anything i want to buy something already out its gives me my order in euros strange

Jak and Daxter collection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

T0mmyM wrote: »
    Having missed out on this series when it was released on PS2, I'm really looking forward to this.

Hands down, best platformer on the PS2. especially given how early the first one came out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

RedXIV wrote: »
    Hands down, best platformer on the PS2. especially given how early the first one came out

Unbelievable games, all of them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    I remember being completely obsessed with these three games when I was, what, 12? Something like that. Can't wait to get them again. :D

I remember being completely obsessed with these three games when I was, what, 30? Something like that. Can't wait to get them again. :D

Feeling so old now - but still going to get them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I can't wait for these, i only played and completed the first one back in the day. Not long to wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭T0mmyM

Jak and Daxter are back! IGN Editor Jack Devries gets an early look as three of our favorite games get a graphical boost in the new "Jak and Daxter Collection" coming to PlayStation 3 on 2/7/12. One of developer Naughty Dog's first big IPs, this HD collection includes "Jak and Daxter," "Jak 2," and "Jak 3." This the perfect opportunity to get a dose of PS2 nostalgia, or play the classics if you missed them the first time around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wYlhdK4_sY

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Out tomorrow in the U.S

Is there anywhere over there that ships here?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hmm the first game was alright, getting the game in HD and actually running at a frame rate that was better than the unstead 20 FPS in the original will do it wonders. However the rest of the games weren't all that great, with 2 being an over rated stinker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hmm the first game was alright, getting the game in HD and actually running at a frame rate that was better than the unstead 20 FPS in the original will do it wonders. However the rest of the games weren't all that great, with 2 being an over rated stinker.

While I agree that the first was superior, I must argue against the 20FPS rate, it had nothing near that when I played, it was as smooth as a baby dipped in smoothing juice. Has Nostalgia really REALLY made me speed up the scenes from my memory?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Might have been an unsteady 30 but it wasn't great. The update though will make it silky smooth.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just picked up the original yesterday in GS for 2 euro.
    I had it on release and it was great fun, very enjoyable.
    Never got into Ratchet and Clank afterwards, felt more like a patch for J&D tbh!

I wasn't gone on the later titles in the series either.
    I have them in the collection, must give them a whirl, or keep them on ice until I have a PS3 again and play them there.

Actually, I reckon a Jak and Daxter collection would be ace on the Vita, not a machine raving about just yet.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I just picked up the original yesterday in GS for 2 euro.
    I had it on release and it was great fun, very enjoyable.
    Never got into Ratchet and Clank afterwards, felt more like a patch for J&D tbh!

I wasn't gone on the later titles in the series either.
    I have them in the collection, must give them a whirl, or keep them on ice until I have a PS3 again and play them there.

Actually, I reckon a Jak and Daxter collection would be ace on the Vita, not a machine raving about just yet.

eurogamer did report it was coming to the vita then pulled the listing mmmmmmmmmmmm

this was about a month ago

Advertisement