Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most under rated Irish fighter

• 24-01-2012 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

We hear lots about "X is the best prospect", "Y is the best fighter Ireland has ever produced", "Z has fought the best opponents" etc etc but who is the most under rated MMA fighter to come from these green and pleasent shores? (Current or Back in the Day :) )

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

We hear lots about "X is the best prospect", "Y is the best fighter Ireland has ever produced", "Z has fought the best opponents" etc etc but who is the most under rated MMA fighter to come from these green and pleasent shores? (Current or Back in the Day :) )
    Current: Paul Redmond. Had beaten everyone people are excited about: Lobov, etc and i hear he got on well over at ATT too.

past: Clive Staunton or Emmet McNally. Emmet was a knock out king and Clive had all the skills. Both were a bit before their time I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Yeah Redmond impressed the $hit outta me winning our belt

I think our eyes should be firmly placed on the teens. They will be our best chance if nurtured properly

As Cowzer has said previously. I've seen better skills from some of them than even some of the lads who fight pro rules

Colin McKee was ripping it up at one point

Also Aidan Marron was quite the fighter at one stage of his career too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Surely naming the most overrated fighters would be more fun! :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 DamoUp

Colin was on a tear, I think he won 7 in a row fighting all over the place but I think he has retired from competition.

Did Hugh Harris not beat Paul Redmond on Clan Wars 5? Hugh looked good in that fight but I haven't seen too much of him since. Redmond did look good against Mulpeter but I think his fight against Pat McAllister will be tough.

Philpott has made big improvements recently but he has a few very tough fights coming up which will give a better indication of the level he is at.

• Advertisement

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    Surely naming the most overrated fighters would be more fun! :D;)

Used to be a lad called Slim numpty from down ur way LOL

Advertisement