Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting Room bookings on Campus

Options
  • 24-01-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere, other than the student centre (Its booked out), where you can book a room to hold a meeting of around 30 people during the day? For free preferably.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If your attendees can handle five minutes walk, Newstead (Civil Engineering) has four large rooms downstairs, and it's rare to see them all in use at the same time. Two of the rooms have video projectors. There are more rooms in the "A Block" off to the side. The Programme Office there can sort you out (I think).

It's on the map (ref 52), but it can be a little tricky to find the entrance if you haven't been there before. The building is L-shaped, the entrance is at the inside corner of the L. Just to add to the confusion: half of the building is being renovated to serve as the Leinster Rugby headquarters ...

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Thanks for that. It may be too far all right though I think, looking for something more central.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

You could try asking in arts,you stipulate on the form how many people it's for,so they might be able to fit you in somewhere.They're fussy about short notice bookings though,it has to be at least two days I think,but the safest bet is to book the week before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Sorted anyway. Thanks. Yes its a 3 day notice.

Advertisement