Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stained Glass Supplies Cork?

Options
  • 24-01-2012 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi,

Visiting Cork this weekend, and wondering if there are any stained glass suppliers in or around the city. Mainly looking for coloured glass. Does anyone know of any suppliers or glass companies that sell proper coloured glass to the public?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

There's a place in Mayfield that do wardrobes etc - Proslide. AFAIK they sell coloured glass on its own as well.
    Otherwise possibly Cork Glass out near the Kinsale Road Roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭adrianglass

HI Lobsterlady

Probably too late for your visit - but the only 2 suppliers of stained glass I know of are Dublin Art Glass (in Dublin!) and Pangur Bawn (Ballyjamesduff, Co Cavan).

Both do mail order. What in particular were you looking for ?

Adrian
    Inspired-glass - Ballydehob - West Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

HI Lobsterlady

Probably too late for your visit - but the only 2 suppliers of stained glass I know of are Dublin Art Glass (in Dublin!) and Pangur Bawn (Ballyjamesduff, Co Cavan).

Both do mail order. What in particular were you looking for ?

Adrian
    Inspired-glass - Ballydehob - West Cork

Hi Adrian,

Yes, I've been and done Cork:-). I actually use Pangur for most of my glass supplies. It's just that I was in Cork and thought perhaps being such a large city, they might have a supplier there. Always nice to wander around a glass shop!

Thanks for your reply, love your work!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭adrianglass

Hi Adrian,

Yes, I've been and done Cork:-). I actually use Pangur for most of my glass supplies. It's just that I was in Cork and thought perhaps being such a large city, they might have a supplier there. Always nice to wander around a glass shop!

Yes - that's about the only thing I miss about living in the UK, where we had a good glass shop within about an hour's drive. Since moving out to West Cork, I've mostly dealt with the Dub Art Glass people - and they are very helpful.

Biggest problem (apart from not being able to actually see before you buy) is getting large sheets of glass delivered safely from Dub to West Cork...
    Thanks for your reply, love your work!

Ah - you're too kind! Thanks! :)

Take care
    Adrian

Advertisement