Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would the approximate maximum speed of this car be??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭Alan_H_1991

btw 1.1 L and might be 70 bhp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

You'd prolly get the ton on the clock out of her.

Which is like an actual speed of 90mph

Sky King wrote: »
    You'd prolly get the ton on the clock out of her.

Which is like an actual speed of 90mph

why would it say 100mph on the clock but only actually be doing 90mph?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Inb4 about three fiddy/Over 9000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Just out of curiosity, my friend has this car, but she's too safety conscious and law abiding (for good reasons) to "push it to the limit"......

So just ball park figure of speed, on a flat motorway on the straight ... like the M6 or something

http://www.autotrader.ie/search/Peugeot/206/Y-LX/201146205661794/advert?channel=CARS

Do NOT rob a bank with this heap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

why would it say 100mph on the clock but only actually be doing 90mph?? :confused:
    Speedometers are rarely perfectly accurate. There are a lot of things that can make them inaccurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Years ago I drove a 1 litre fiesta and I could get a 100mph out of it, but it took a while to get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Yep had one 1.1L got the tonne out of it on the clock and that all it had not for long though way too scary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I drive a DeLorean and I keep trying to see how fast the car will go but every time I get to 88mph I go back in time :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Clocks tend to be set to over-read speed *slightly* ... as many drivers tend to edge around the speed limit on a clear / open road, and sometimes edge a bit too much, this helps to keep them legal / without points.

A bit like setting your watch 10 minutes fast to help you be on time.

(Btw, this may be better in Motors?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Bigus

Just out of curiosity, my friend has this car, but she's too safety conscious and law abiding (for good reasons) to "push it to the limit"......

So just ball park figure of speed, on a flat motorway on the straight ... like the M6 or something

http://www.autotrader.ie/search/Peugeot/206/Y-LX/201146205661794/advert?channel=CARS

Official top speed is 98mph would probably read as 110 mph indicated from the cars speedo down a hill or if the car is old it would struggle to reah an indicated 100mph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

That 9 yr old Peugeot ?

0 - 60 in 15mins, with a 2 hour tea break in the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Its a legal thing, so a car cant be going faster than the clock says, so manufacturers make the clock over read slightly.

So if a person is driving in a 100kph zone, the go safe vans will register speeding at 109kph or above, and so the speedo would of been reading somewhere around 115kph, so the driver will see a reading on the clock that oviously shows they are speeding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

About three fiddy

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I could imagine the car would reach just over the 100mph. I imagine 105-110mph maximum. Don't drive a peugeot, but can hit 120mph in my own apparently ;)

out of curiosity what is the fastest family car on sale in Ireland ?? I saw a Citroen C5 3L on wikipedia which apparently has a top speed of 145 mph .. but I dunno whether to believe that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

out of curiosity what is the fastest family car on sale in Ireland ?? I saw a Citroen C5 3L on wikipedia which apparently has a top speed of 145 mph .. but I dunno whether to believe that

Maybe in the 1.9l TDI range. I will stand corrected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Don't use After Hours because you are permabanned from the motoring forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement