Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small music box

Options
  • 25-01-2012 1:03am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a small music box that I got in Paris a few years ago (pictures below). Someone I know saw it recently and said how much they loved it so I’d like get one for them. Has anyone seen anything similar in any shops in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

I have a few of these too they are great...I am afraid though I have never managed to get well such a good selection of them in ireland. I know that a few of the pound shops do them. They have them in these birthday bags or boxes with Fairies and that on them. You could get one of these and take them out of the bags/boxes and make up your own packing. If anyone does know where you can find them id love to know too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Thank Milly :) Do you know if they're sealed inside the birthday bags though? Ideally I'd like to be able to play them first to try and pick out a meaningful song for the person.

I was also thinking of trying Georges street arcade too as I know they do random things there! I'll let you know if I have any luck :)

Hellod, I was trying to look for a picture there but cant find any. They normally have the little handle popping out the side of the bag so you can test them before hand. I have a few and they work just aswell as ones you pay a good bit for, I always end you taken them out of the packaging or any boxes to leave bare...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Milly33 wrote: »
    Hellod, I was trying to look for a picture there but cant find any. They normally have the little handle popping out the side of the bag so you can test them before hand. I have a few and they work just aswell as ones you pay a good bit for, I always end you taken them out of the packaging or any boxes to leave bare...

Thanks for that :D Great, I'll check out some pound/euro shops then :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement