Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what ADSL standards have we?

• 25-01-2012 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I'm thinking about buying a new ADSL modem/router and I've got some noob questions about that. I guess that any ADSL modem should work?

Out of curiosity I have the following questions:
    I'm using vodafone home broadband but i don't have details of the account suffice to say its about 3mbit down. The modem's admin page isn't available and i don't want to reset the modem cos its not exactly broke yet

Can someone tell me what ADSL versions the various ISPs offer or provide? Is it autonegotiated? Will some versions of ADSL be obsolete in the near future?

It seems to me that this NGB rollout includes various upgrades and not everyone can benefit. Can someone tell me what DSL standards are in use throughout ireland ..quoting ITU numbers if you like.

What version and speed of ADSL is considered to be the most basic and available everywhere?

hope that made sense...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ADSL2+ standardised 7 years ago in 2005, is what they call "Next Generation Broadband"

Basic ADSL up to c.8mbits, available more or less everywhere, is a 2001 standard.

Advertisement