Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE approval for Cake Decorators

Options
  • 25-01-2012 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

I have recently started up a cake decorating business from my home and I'm hearing about HACCP certification and getting a visit from an EHO officer to inspect my kitchen etc.

Looking at HACCP site... http://www.fsai.ie/food_businesses/haccp/haccp.html it looks very daunting and was wondering if anyone out there can give me some info on the whole process. Is it straight forward for (very) small businesses to achieve etc?

Any tips or advice would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Short answer is yes it's very straight forward, call your local EHO, they will arrange an inspection and then you take it from there if any changes need to be made to your kitchen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

cakestack wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have recently started up a cake decorating business from my home and I'm hearing about HACCP certification and getting a visit from an EHO officer to inspect my kitchen etc.

Looking at HACCP site... http://www.fsai.ie/food_businesses/haccp/haccp.html it looks very daunting and was wondering if anyone out there can give me some info on the whole process. Is it straight forward for (very) small businesses to achieve etc?

Any tips or advice would be great.

Thanks!

easy enough to achieve

just off the top of my head:

your ccp's would be the time&temp of cooking and through storage temp of ingredients (fridge)

there are different rules for home baking but here is an example of some of the records kept in larger companies

for fully traceable farm to fork', you would need to keep the following records:

list of suppliers- ring them an ask for product specs for each ingredient

goods inward- noting the date delivered, supplier, best before date and give it a batch number

recipe sheets-record the batch number of each ingredient used, date, by who, cooking time (started at..ended at...), temperature to be cooked at

cleaning logs

all the eho will want to see is a clean kitchen, no clutter, pets, smoking etc

clean and well maintained fridge& cooker & sink, separate (stainless steel preferably) equipment used only for your cakes,

no mice etc
    best of luck with your new venture

pm me if you have any questions

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cakestack

Thank you for your response, very informative. I have an idea now of whats involved. So thats great. I'll look into it further online.

Thanks!

Advertisement