Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Needing a loo but not having one handy

• 25-01-2012 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Am I the only person who regularly finds himself bursting and with nowhere to go? If not, what are your solutions?

Often I find myself needing a pi$$ just when my flatmate's in the middle of a long shower or bath. I hold it as long as I can but I've had to pi$$ in tuberware containers before (and yes, I threw them away)

One time, when a plumber was working in my bathroom (disconnected water and everything), I felt a flash dump creep up on me (you know the ones that just come out of nowhere?) Such was the urgency of the situation, I had to get a taxi from the shop next door to the local pub (not far away but a bit too far in that particular instance).

Particularly interested to hear how taxi drivers deal with this sort of thing; is the fabled pi$$ bottle rolling around your feet as common as I hope?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

IBTL.

A 3 litre County Spring bottle is your friend, my friend. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Colostomy bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    Am I the only person who regularly finds himself bursting and with nowhere to go? If not, what are your solutions?

Often I find myself needing a pi$$ just when my flatmate's in the middle of a long shower or bath. I hold it as long as I can but I've had to pi$$ in tuberware containers before (and yes, I threw them away)

One time, when a plumber was working in my bathroom (disconnected water and everything), I felt a flash dump creep up on me (you know the ones that just come out of nowhere?) Such was the urgency of the situation, I had to get a taxi from the shop next door to the local pub (not far away but a bit too far in that particular instance).

Particularly interested to hear how taxi drivers deal with this sort of thing; is the fabled pi$$ bottle rolling around your feet as common as I hope?

get your flatmate to tell you when he's going into the shower (if he hasn't got a predictable routine) so you can go beforehand.

I've IBS and get the urge to go to the toilet whenever I know that doing so wouldn't be practical - out and about in town without knowing where the nearest toilet is, or meetings at a job (big big problem). so it is probably fairly psychological at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I only ever need a tissue when I don't have one. Ghey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

get your flatmate to tell you when he's going into the shower (if he hasn't got a predictable routine) so you can go beforehand.

I've IBS and get the urge to go to the toilet whenever I know that doing so wouldn't be practical - out and about in town without knowing where the nearest toilet is, or meetings at a job (big big problem). so it is probably fairly psychological at this stage.

That's an interesting idea; I've never considered IBS, actually. I think that might be worth investigating. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

I am a plumber and there is nothing worse than working on a bathroom and getting caught short when the bathroom is tore out. Ive seen plumbers pooping in a plastic bag and throwing it in the attic.

I dont condone this. The good thing is its ireland and you are never more than 3 minutes from a pub.

Just go the pub dude. Dont poop in the bag. Bags cost money ever since the levy came in.

I just remembered the first plumber I started my apprenticeship with used to carry bog roll with him.My job was to clean up and make sure all his tools didnt get lost . One day I forgot the bog roll and left it in a house. He went ape**** , told me that the bog roll was "the most important tool of all".

Good times .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

• Advertisement

cloptrop wrote: »
    I am a plumber and there is nothing worse than working on a bathroom and getting caught short when the bathroom is tore out. Ive seen plumbers pooping in a plastic bag and throwing it in the attic.

No-fXcking-way?!!!! Eh... bit of a surprise when you're getting your Christmas decorations down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

You wouldn't like Melbourne. Beautiful city, but customer toilets are not mandatory & therefore rare in cafe's etc in city centre.

I had to reluctantly reduce my Starbucks intake during extended visits.

Good times on the first day though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Colostomy bag.

If you don't have one of them, you could try these instead...

http://mattbango.com/images/freebies/free_shopping_bag_icon.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Colostomy bag.

they have to be emptied though. and they're not very big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

When I was about 6 I **** my pants in Courtown in Wexford. I was so embarrassed i pulled the jocks off and tossed them under the mobile . I spent the whole day trying to manouver into the bedroom and get a change of jocks without my ma noticing.
    Then I spent the whole two weeks worried she would look under the caravan and find them. Worst holiday ever.
    I should have just came clean from the start. Although nobody ever found out about this.

WET FART 1 TOTAL HUMILIATION 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not so much these days. Now it's more like hesitation to go to the loo without ready access to a laptop or smart device. What's the point of a poo if you have to disconnect yourself from the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TwoBirds

On my way home from college last week, I walked past a guy crouching on the street with his trousers down, having a sh*t. This was no later than 3 o'clock in the afternoon, no word of a lie. I saw the 'evidence' about two hours later when I was heading to the shop.

Bridgefoot St. off Thomas St, folks. Be warned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'll just flush this along with the rest of the toilet threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement