Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone IP on Eircom connection ??

Options
  • 25-01-2012 4:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Folks,
    Recentley switched back to Eircom from Vodafone broadband/phone. I have a Netopia 2247 (never liked the Vodafone supplied Huawai ) . I ordered the Eircom 7mb BB and local call bundle early Dec last using the eircom site . Recieved an Email telling me the phone was now with Eircom and "if" I ordered BB it would change over within 5 days .I didn't order a modem as I have a netopia anyway . I Recently tried to get on to the Eircom billing site and my logon came up as disabled ,tried going into the password reset page and got a strange error page ... " You appear to be connected to the internet using a non-Irish Internet Service Provider (ISP), or an unrecognised network."
    Theis prompted me to check the router settings to see the IP settings etc .Stil on Vodafone settings .tried restarting router .still getting Vodafone IP . Tried changing username and pass to the standard eircom logon settings and got an invalid username password error . Checked the IP 109.76.25.xxx . it's registered to Vodafone ..
    Am I Eircom or Vodafone :D Any ideas ??????????????????
    Confused ...................
    B.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Quick WHOIS on the network.

% Information related to '109.76.24.0 - 109.76.31.255'

inetnum: 109.76.24.0 - 109.76.31.255
    netname: VODAFONE-IRELAND-MOBILE-ISP
    descr: Vodafone ISP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Might seem a little obvious but have you tried hard resetting the modem by using a little pin in the tiny hole on the back of the modem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi B.

Thanks for your post.

Can you PM me with your eircom phone or Account number and I will check your broadband connection.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Highway61 wrote: »
    Folks,
    Recentley switched back to Eircom from Vodafone broadband/phone. I have a Netopia 2247 (never liked the Vodafone supplied Huawai ) . I ordered the Eircom 7mb BB and local call bundle early Dec last using the eircom site . Recieved an Email telling me the phone was now with Eircom and "if" I ordered BB it would change over within 5 days .I didn't order a modem as I have a netopia anyway . I Recently tried to get on to the Eircom billing site and my logon came up as disabled ,tried going into the password reset page and got a strange error page ... " You appear to be connected to the internet using a non-Irish Internet Service Provider (ISP), or an unrecognised network."
    Theis prompted me to check the router settings to see the IP settings etc .Stil on Vodafone settings .tried restarting router .still getting Vodafone IP . Tried changing username and pass to the standard eircom logon settings and got an invalid username password error . Checked the IP 109.76.25.xxx . it's registered to Vodafone ..
    Am I Eircom or Vodafone :D Any ideas ??????????????????
    Confused ...................
    B.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Highway61

Thanks guys for the swift response ..
    Router reset did the trick .
    And to think I used to work in tech support with an ISP :eek:
    Luckilly enough I moved into IT :D
    B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Highway61 wrote: »
    Thanks guys for the swift response ..
    Router reset did the trick .