Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Experience Class (NOT the IEC)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

**** Moving from defunct US/ Canada Travel forum to new Canada forum ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Sorry to drag up an old thread but i still cannot find out a definite answer to the below.

Can i apply through the CEC residency route after 1 year on the IEC visa?
    More importantly have any of ye guys living there atm done it this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I think you can. From the website you must:

plan to live outside the province of Quebec
    have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
    have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization
    meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening).

It says nothing about what your status for that year was, either on an IEC holiday visa or work permit.
    Ive gone through most of the forms, and i havent found anything asking specifically if i already had a work permit, IEC etc.. apart from my Client ID which ive had since i got here

thanks man, will try look into it a bit further.

Bumped as this is the most recent CEC thread...

So Ive sent away my CEC application today. its taken me about 3+ months to finally get all my documents together and cross all the t's and dot all the i's. Current waiting time is 13 months so i hope/expect residency next April/May.

Anyone gone through this process before? What are the steps during the next 13 months...can I expect much interaction between the CIC and myself over the next few months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭memaul

retalivity wrote: »
    Bumped as this is the most recent CEC thread...

So Ive sent away my CEC application today. its taken me about 3+ months to finally get all my documents together and cross all the t's and dot all the i's. Current waiting time is 13 months so i hope/expect residency next April/May.

Anyone gone through this process before? What are the steps during the next 13 months...can I expect much interaction between the CIC and myself over the next few months?

Thinking about going down this route in a few months when I'm eligible.

Retalivity, have you any advice to offer on making the application. Are there any documents you had to get that take a while to sort?

you need a criminal background check from every country youve lived in for more than 6 months, that can take some time although you can submit the application without these and send them on to the CIC at a later date.
    you also need to do a certified english test (i know) and the waiting list to do it can be quite long. I booked mine in early January but only sat it on the 2nd mar.

retalivity wrote: »
    you need a criminal background check from every country youve lived in for more than 6 months, that can take some time although you can submit the application without these and send them on to the CIC at a later date.
    you also need to do a certified english test (i know) and the waiting list to do it can be quite long. I booked mine in early January but only sat it on the 2nd mar.

what scores did ya need?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/language-testing.asp

Depends on your job code. I did the celpip test & got 5 in everything except writing (4H). one of the guys i did the test with got the exact same.
    tbh, it was a joke of a test, the questions seemed geared to foreign high school students. we had 3hrs to do it but out of the ~20 people doing the test, 6 were irish and there were a couple of english guys doing it too, and we were all done within 80 mins or so.

$300 for the privilege of doing it too

Advertisement