Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pubs / Clubs

• 25-01-2012 8:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭

Heading to Limerick for a night soon......on a Saturday night ... any suggestions on where to go for a few drinkies??
    Thanks in advance.......:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Fudge74 wrote: »
    Heading to Limerick for a night soon......on a Saturday night ... any suggestions on where to go for a few drinkies??

make it handy for yourself, smyths bar in the centre of town, then into icon niteclub for clubbin! :)

just google smyths bar, denmark street, limerick. it'll give you an idea of where the place is and its probably the most central and well known place you're going to get when you're only in town for one night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

xsiborg wrote: »
    make it handy for yourself, smyths bar in the centre of town, then into icon niteclub for clubbin! :)

Although these places are quite popular they would be absolute torture to others (me).

What type of music/scene are you into OP?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »

Although these places are quite popular they would be absolute torture to others (me).

What type of music/scene are you into OP?

totally get where you're coming from h3000 but i just said for handiness sake and seeing as the OP was only one night in town, we've had so so many of these 'where to go out in limerick' threads already and everyone has a different opinion, but not everyone knows where everywhere is, let alone someone that's only visiting for one night.

take for example recently i was talking to someone who was actually from limerick, and i was trying to tell them where the blind pig was- on thomas street, couldn't be easier, right?

wrong! they hadnt a clue where i was talking about, they asked me what pub had it been previously, sure I hadnt a clue then. so i googled it, and it comes up on another forum website listed as a metallers pub opposite the funeral home!

at least he knew where it was then, but i was left perplexed as the night i was there there was no metal playing.

so just to keep it simple and not have the OP trawling the streets looking for obscure pubs a la mickey martins (i still couldn't tell you how to get to costellos is without google mapping it even though its also one of the most popular pubs among boardsies here!), i just said handiest way to go. keep it simple, smyths and icon, otherwise if the OP is younger, (18-22), o connells and then angel lane for a club, again keeping it simple and within easy walking distance of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Fudge74 wrote: »

All depends what age you are, what type of night you are looking you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm always giving out about d'Icon on here, but I have to say I've been enjoying it a lot more recently. I've had more good nights there in the last 2 months than I've had in all my visits to Angel Lane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Mollies, Flannery's, Angel Lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

totally get where you're coming from h3000 but i just said for handiness sake and seeing as the OP was only one night in town, we've had so so many of these 'where to go out in limerick' threads already and everyone has a different opinion, but not everyone knows where everywhere is, let alone someone that's only visiting for one night.

take for example recently i was talking to someone who was actually from limerick, and i was trying to tell them where the blind pig was- on thomas street, couldn't be easier, right?

wrong! they hadnt a clue where i was talking about, they asked me what pub had it been previously, sure I hadnt a clue then. so i googled it, and it comes up on another forum website listed as a metallers pub opposite the funeral home!

at least he knew where it was then, but i was left perplexed as the night i was there there was no metal playing.

so just to keep it simple and not have the OP trawling the streets looking for obscure pubs a la mickey martins (i still couldn't tell you how to get to costellos is without google mapping it even though its also one of the most popular pubs among boardsies here!), i just said handiest way to go. keep it simple, smyths and icon, otherwise if the OP is younger, (18-22), o connells and then angel lane for a club, again keeping it simple and within easy walking distance of each other.

Ah yeah it would be to go to place for most people alright. Speaking of the Blind Pig is it any good?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »

Ah yeah it would be to go to place for most people alright. Speaking of the Blind Pig is it any good?

oh definitely, nice pub with a friendly crowd and plenty of space to stretch me spags (go for a wander! :D), music wasnt really my scene, bit trippy, guitarist pulling some mad riffs but not at a volume that you couldnt hear yourself think, not to mention that you can hear the other person you're chatting to too, which for me at least was a big plus (free beer playing in smyths, forget about being able to hear yourself think, just go with the madness! :D).

they also do the craft beers if that's what floats your boat, (1698, you'd nearly lick it off the floor, delicious! :D).

i enjoyed it anyway, but i do remember another poster in another thread who thought it was a bit for the angst ridden emo artsy fartsy teenager type, and then there was that metallers website that described it as a metallers bar... :confused:

that's three different reviews of one place, which just goes to show you how diverse and divided peoples opinions can be, i just try to be as unbiased and objective as possible... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm always giving out about d'Icon on here, but I have to say I've been enjoying it a lot more recently. I've had more good nights there in the last 2 months than I've had in all my visits to Angel Lane.

It's like saying I prefer a kick in the head to a kick in the balls. The lesser of two evils. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

bazz26 wrote: »
    It's like saying I prefer a kick in the head to a kick in the balls. The lesser of two evils. :)

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

hefferboi wrote: »
    Mollies, Flannery's, Angel Lane.

I had the misfortune of being in Molly's over the christmas, I felt like a paedo in there

Advertisement