Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGCE Edinburgh, any advice appreciated!

• 25-01-2012 10:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hey everyone..

I'm thinking of moving to Edinburgh to do the PGCE in either primary or secondary education, have a few friends who've done it there and loved it, all in good jobs now teaching over there.. I've travelled there a few times and have loved the place..

I have a BA degree in history and geography, I did receive a grant during my degree here in Ireland. Does anyone have any info or experience with bursaries for Irish students in Scotland doing this course? Any grants available?

Also, any experience or advice on how people have got on doing the PGCE over thee would be much appreciated...

Cheers,

Dave...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Aimsir Bia

Hello
    I know it has been a while since you did the course but I'm hoping you or anybody reading this thread might be able to inform me if there are any bursaries or grants available for living costs for the duration of the ten month course. I'll be studying in Dundee from August. I'm aware that as an E.U student I'm eligible to apply to S.A.A.S to help with covering the fees.Any further information would be much appreciated as I'm finding it difficult to access information online.Also has anybody experience of accessing a student loan,are funds available in.Scotland to be paid back after qualification?I'm working and sparing as much as I can but am.really feeling the pressure and I'd prefer to avoid working while doing the course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement