Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buidling Website backlinks

Options
  • 25-01-2012 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Ok so my husband has set up a website, and we know it has the ability to do well, but we cant afford to keep paying for google adwords, we need to come up naturally on the google search engine. So he's researching backlinks, which aparently google recognise more if you have good quality backlinks. So here's my question, what are quality backlinks and how do you go about getting them? We are both newbies to the website area, my hubbie just had a great idea for a website, but no web background, so we really need an idiots guide. He is constantly working on the blog to try and increase traffic to the site, which has helped a little bit, but we are by no means coming up top of search page. We know not to go near companies who you pay to do it for you, we were warned that google recognise this and do you no favours for it. ANy advise (without the jargon as i just wouldn't understand it) would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Moved to Internet Marketing

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ket

Hope on-page optimization has been done, then you have to link building, like, directory submit, do social bookmarking, article posting, blog posting, blog comment posting, forum posting etc. But always have to maintain quality, then you can get result in natural seo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Colmb007

You can find quality links by going to Google typing youtopic + Guest Post or yourtopic + guest article.

You'll need to write a quality article and submitt it to the website. Most of these sites will allow you to add a link back to your website.

Make sure to mix up the "anchor text" of this link really well (research anchor text if your not sure what it is). Get 30 of these to start with and see what difference that makes. Keeping adding these over time. Make the anchor text different on all these articles (you really have to mix it up)

These links take time and efford and hard work, but all quality links do.

Add great content to your website, contact other websites and tell them about your content. They might link back if it's helpful to their vistors.

You need to connect with people in your subject matter and try to get links. If your a travel website contact review guides, if your a website on Yoga contact fitness website, health website etc.

There are so many ways to get quality links into your website all require hard work upfront. Try not to go down the road of getting cheap easy links in the long-term quality links will always get you ranking for the long-term.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keyboardcook

Good advice there.

Also be aware that google ranks sites accoring to their quality of content.

So for example, boards.ie has a very high ranking, and links from it would be given higher consideration than links from sites that are not as reputable.

Also, look at your domain name for sites that will allow the name to be listed, but without the link (eg: donedeal.ie)

If your site is called mycompany.com, and someone searches for "my company" on the web, you site link will have no relevance, as it is a one worded site called 'mycompnay'.

The way around that is to buy my-company.com and park under the original, as google sees the '-' and spaces as the same character.

So them when you post my-company.com in posts, you are assisting yourself, not a lot mid you, but a little, in getting hits.:D

Advertisement