Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30th birthday in galway city?

Options
  • 25-01-2012 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest a good place to have a 30th birthday?
    Something in the city that would be central with finger food + music?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is a similar thread here that has some suggestions already for places with finger food etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Thanks Biko.
    Hmm Spanish arch & townhouse sound good..
    Looking for somewhere withroom for 30+ people, music but nothing too loud as there will be a few older people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

try busker brownes. they have few areas they can cordon off or if you want something more private you might be able to reserve the upstairs room. finger food is free and they definately don't skimp!!
    Don't book any place that is charging for food! there are plenty of pubs in town that will be more than happy to give free finger food once you keep ordering the pints!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

I chose Fagans bar (located in the basement of the Hotel Meyrick on Eyre Sq.) in 2010 for my girlfriends B'day. Found them very good and accomodating. We had loads of fun and plenty of space. They were happy to assist with the decorations I had sent in from a local party company, and also provided an excellent 30th Birthday cake made fresh by the hotel.

Have a good one wherever you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cobear

Had a class party in the Cellar before with about 15 people. Food there is really good and they did a variety of (big and yummy) platters starting from €5, i think there's often music there too!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Beer garden out the back of O'Connells in the square.

They'll lay on as much food and music as you want to pay for.

Its a cracking spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Don't go to Buskers. They never fully reserve that top floor for you...after about 10 mins it gets infiltrated with randomers and nobody ever stops them...you won't have a security guard standing there making sure it's only party goers who are there.
    Try the private room in the King's Head on the top floor. Much better.
    Also try the Harbour Hotel..they have a small function room with a private bar. Very nice indeed and they get tonnes of birthdays and are well used to catering for them, whether you want a buffet dinner or finger food.

Advertisement