Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading my alarm, comparison of different models

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

altor wrote: »
    You will need to buy the receiver to use inertia/contacts on this system.

Are you sure? So the wireless is only for PIR's and other accessories?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

davkav wrote: »
    Are you sure? So the wireless is only for PIR's and other accessories?

That is correct, they won't be making inertias for this system. The workaround is to add a visonic receiver to the keypad to make the sensors work.

That is correct, they won't be making inertias for this system. The workaround is to add a visonic receiver to the keypad to make the sensors work.

Any idea how much the visonic receiver goes for?

I don't think its an issue anyway. If I was building on to the side of the house, like we are planning in the distant future, I can run new alarm cable through the attic from the panel in the hot press.

The wireless is mainly for the PIR's to be fitted in the existing part of the house.

More prices for peeps in case they are interested.

Just picked up a few bits from National Electical Wholesalers (NEW) in Rosemount, Blanchardstown.

HKC Shock Sensor - 9.20
    HKC Shock Sensor with Contact - 11.95
    Panic Button - 3.17

(exVAT)

€30-€40

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Does that include Vat?

For Visonic yes.

There is also an option to add Visonic receiver in the panel and add Siemens into keypad. This would possibly be the cheaper option.
    Or cheaper again would be use all Visonic and just one receiver.

KoolKid wrote: »
    For Visonic yes.

There is also an option to add Visonic receiver in the panel and add Siemens into keypad. This would possibly be the cheaper option.

What do you mean when you say add Siemens into the keypad?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Siemens Wireless Receiver.
    Very little difference between the 4320 & 5320 €17 for a massive difference in spec.
    Can see why anyone would buy a 4320 with those prices.

For Visonic yes.

Care to share where they can be got that cheap €50.43 is the cheapest in most suppliers?

This option is available at the moment, cant see it lasting.

Care to share where they can be got that cheap €50.43 is the cheapest in most suppliers?

I'll PM ya

This option is available at the moment, cant see it lasting.
    I'm working on that.;)

• Advertisement

The Siemens Wireless Receiver.
    Very little difference between the 4320 & 5320 €17 for a massive difference in spec.
    Can see why anyone would buy a 4320 with those prices.

Oh I get ya. Use the siemens for the PIR's and Visonic for the other sensors or Visonic for all.
    Bit slow on the uptake there. ;)

Yeah €17 in the difference kind of makes the 4320 pointless.

Yeah €17 in the difference kind of makes the 4320 pointless.

Yeah , I tried my best to get that across to Siemens.;)

Yeah , I tried my best to get that across to Siemens.;)

They'll soon realise when the 4320 doesn't sell.

They'll soon realise when the 4320 doesn't sell.

Yeah & up the price of the 5320:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chipemulator

hello Koolkid

You help me on the past and you are a great expert on signet, may be you can help me!
    I bought Signet 220 panel last year. It´s a great panel!
    Firmware is 1.4b and signetpro is 1.38.
    Right now signet panel are replaced by siemens panels.

There is any new firmware for signet panel?
    Can i use Siemens firmware on it?
    and what about signet pro?

Regards

chip

There is no official update from SigNET to Siemens.
    SPC Pro replaces SigNET Pro but they will not connect to the opposing panels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sette

Ok I've got prices back from REW

SPC4320 CONTROL PANEL 210.70
    SPC5320 CONTROL PANEL 227.24
    SPCK420 KEYPAD 63.15
    SPCK620 KEYPAD 135.97
    IR60W6-10 SIEMENS Wireless PIR 35.00
    IR100B SIEMENS "Swisstec" Wired PIR 14.70
    IR65W6-10 SIEMENS Wireless Ceiling PIR 37.50
    IR160W6-10 SIEMENS Wireless black mirror PIR 41.25
    ADM-I12W1 SIEMENS Wireless Quad PIR 37.50
    IOPW6-11 SIEMENS Wireless Smoke Detector 47.50

Prices are exVAT

Looks Ill probably go with the 5320 seen as there is only €17 in the difference.

So:
    1 x SPC5320
    2 x SPCK420
    3 x IR60W6-10
    1 x IOPW6-11

Totalling: €612

Hello devkav and KoolKid

Devkav, any success with your order from REW? Is your SPC5320 up and running?

I have tried to contact REW in Finglas for prices for SPC5320+accessories and whether or not they ship to Sweden. No response to my mail after more than one week :(

However, reemelectronics.co.uk do have the SPC5320 for £295 incl VAT. Is there anyone on this forum who can recommend this site? Good/Bad experience?

Regards
    Sette

Have you tried ringing them?

Picked up the goods from REW yesterday. Let me just say they are top people to deal with.

The first place I went to didnt even ring me back the next day like they had said. They even had the Siemens brochure for the SPC range on their counter top, so I would have presumed they would have gotten back to me. Ah well their loss.

Keypad looks nice and fresh (if thats the word) over the Aritech one. Hoping to get it fitted over the weekend. Ill post pics of the two units beside each other and the mess that is my existing panel.

Good luck with it Dav. ID you get stuck on anything you know where we are.

Good luck with it Dav. ID you get stuck on anything you know where we are.

Cheers KoolKid. I wouldn't have gotten this far with you's that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Keypad looks nice and fresh (if thats the word) over the Aritech one. Hoping to get it fitted over the weekend. Ill post pics of the two units beside each other and the mess that is my existing panel.

Did you get it fitted? Any hints/tips? Any pitfalls.

I have been looking at changing alarm system. Looked at Cytech as well, it has X10, C-Bus and KNX interface. I was wondering if Siemens will support a different protocol for integration into Automation systems.

Still haven't gotten around to fitting this wouldn't ya know.

Any Saturday I plan on fitting it something comes up... Maybe this Saturday if Im lucky haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Subscribing to this thread, as I'm planning getting one of these panels for if/when a house purchase goes through... Any chance of an oul demo of this yoke Davkav?!

Edit: found the manual: https://uk.spiap.com/uploads/uk/files/spc42xx_43xx_52xx_53xx_63xx_-_installation&configuration_manual__step__a6v10276959,_version__2.3_.pdf

The SigNET 220is replaced with Siemens 5330 with some added features. Is this what your looking for a demo of?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

The SigNET 220is replaced with Siemens 5330 with some added features. Is this what your looking for a demo of?

Really what I'm looking for is to see the web interface in action, to see what you can do with it...particularly when starting to hook up to other systems in the home

Where are you located?

Ok blast from the past, but would you believe I finally got around to installing the Siemens SPC last night.

For now I have just wired the panel the same as the Aritech Cs350 was. I do plan on tidying up zones etc. once I have the system fully up and running and I am familiar with the software.

20120809_221534.jpg

I have to say SPC Pro is class software. It makes things so much easier than having to code from the keypad.

I do however have two small issue I couldnt sort out last night and I hope someone can help me out here.

In SPC Pro the icon to edit users is not shown. The only place I could add a user was through the keypad. Any ideas why this is?
    The second issue is that I cannot for the life of me get the system out of engineering mode. The instructions say that it will not come out of engineering mode unless all alerts are cleared which they were. I had to set the alarm in Soft Engineer mode last night as I couldnt get out of it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Firstly, I wouldn't have it in a hot press.

That's not why you can't get out of engineering btw.

Hot press is fine for a retro fit. However that argument has been well bashed out here before.
    In SPC pro once you enter soft engineer and then disconnect the panel will leave engineer mode if all is good.

• Advertisement

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Firstly, I wouldn't have it in a hot press.

That's not why you can't get out of engineering btw.

Thats where the original one was located :p
    In SPC pro once you enter soft engineer and then disconnect the panel will leave engineer mode if all is good.

I thought that would work but it doesn't seem too. There is nothing connected to it at the moment and I have toggled between Full and soft engineer via the keypad and it still won't kick out.

Advertisement