Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading my alarm, comparison of different models

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And what's happening when you try to leave soft engineer from the keypad?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

It seems like I can only switch from Full to Soft Engineer, I cant get out of either engineering modes fully.

Ok so if I go into Full Engineer on the keypad and then exit Full back to soft there is no option to get out of engineering. The screen just displays Engineer Enabled.

Edit: Got it, I'm so stupid sometimes. The one and only user I had set up was a standard user. I needed to setup a second user with access control and then disable the engineer mode.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Engineer enabled displays when you exit engineer . It just means Engineer Access has been enabled by the user. (En 50131 stuff)

KoolKid wrote: »
    Engineer enabled displays when you exit engineer . It just means Engineer Access has been enabled by the user. (En 50131 stuff)

Ah... right, makes sense I suppose.

Right I have it wired over Ethernet now so it is accessible over my home network. Now I don't have camp out in the hot press anymore ;)

• Advertisement

Now off to your router and forward port 443 and 50000 to your panel and you won't even have to be at home.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Now off to your router and forward port 443 and 50000 to your panel and you won't even have to be at home.

Haha not quite. I still have a lot of config to do. Entry/Exit isnt working correctly so I am looking into that at the moment. The front door is configured as an Entry/Exit but it doesn't allow for me to set the alarm and then lock up.

Like wise when I came home and opened the front door the alarm just went off with no entry time.

Side note: sitting at the kitchen table configuring my alarm is uber cool

I still don't have access to user control via SPC Pro which is pretty strange....

For your entry exit issue , goto keypad setting and ensure the location of the keypad is set at area1.

Ok there is only one area configured on the system (there is a tick box to enable more than one area) so everything that is connected is in area 1.

With the system unarmed, if I open a door be it the front door or back door etc. the keypad starts to beep and I have to enter the code to silence it. I must have this configured arse ways.

Edit: If you read the instructions it probably helps....
    I had the option CHIME enabled so every input that I triggered was sending a fault to the keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 garry gold

Hi

By any chance does anyone have a copy or know where i could get a copy of the signet 1.4 version I need it to up grade to Seimens/vanderbuilt version

• Advertisement

garry gold wrote: »
    Hi

By any chance does anyone have a copy or know where i could get a copy of the signet 1.4 version I need it to up grade to Seimens/vanderbuilt version

PMed you version 1.4

Advertisement