Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilton Waste €2 increase in bin collection charge

Options
  • 25-01-2012 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Did anybody else get the letter from Wilton Waste yesterday to say that they are putting up their bin collection charge by €2. Have to say I am pretty pi**ed off at such a large increase. On top of all the other day to day expenses being increased its getting rediculous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

yeap, got the same letter yesterday. €2 per bin seems a bit much. Taking the waste to the landfill on your own costs you some €3.5 ber bag, regardless of its size, so 3 huge bags would be the same as one bin collected cost-wise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Well they are fair cheaper than Cavan waste. I'm happy to know i can make a saving by only being charged by what I get rid off rather than a flat fee.

I've had nothing but trouble with other collectors.

Op, what service is it? I've not had an increase so you may be doing a different service?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Well they are fair cheaper than Cavan waste. I'm happy to know i can make a saving by only being charged by what I get rid off rather than a flat fee.

I've had nothing but trouble with other collectors.

Op, what service is it? I've not had an increase so you may be doing a different service?

Well one of my colleagues in work rang Cavan Waste and were told it was €10.50 a lift with them so it is one euro cheaper than Wilton.

The service I have with them is the one where you pay per lift rather than per weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Ah ok.

Then by weight has cut my bill in half.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭bicardi19

Yeah I'm with Cavan Waste it's €10.50 for the black bin a lift and €3.50 for the green a lift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Im sure the increase in costs has to do with Corranure Landfill be closed at present so they have to transport the waste further for disposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 banjobeer

its not the collectors fault, our new government (aka the tax party) has increased landfill levy to 50 euro tonne, and are planning on pushing it up further in the next few years, i have heard figure of 200euro tonne been mentioned somewhere. everybody is been squeezed for every penny

Landfill tax in Ireland will rise from Euro 30 to Euro 50 per tonne from September, increasing to Euro 65 per tonne from July 2012 and Euro 75 per tonne from July 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 goldie12

Got the same letter.... usual excuse given...bet the real reason is Mr Wilton having to pay for his nice big stone house thats beside the yard:)))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 massy ferguson

Cavan Waste are only ten euro per lift which is up to ten euro cheaper than this other company, now that they are weighing when lifting. (Plus CAVAN WASTE HAVE A GREAT OFFER AT MOMENT!!!)

Advertisement