Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cleaning dog paws

• 25-01-2012 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

hi all

I have just come accross a product that seems great but was wonderijng is anybody using it and would be glad to have your feedbacks.

It's called the PAW PLUNGER and have to say design wise it's very clever.

I usually leave my dogs in the utility for about 30 minutes and then finsih drying them off with particular attention to the paws but this seems to be the answer. yesterday they left the uitlity as I didnt close close the door properly and destriyed the house.

what do you think of this product ? would it really clean the paws properly ?

Thanks

http://pawplunger.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Phsyche

The dogs look confused on the video :)

It seems like a novel idea for washing the paws.
    I usually pour warm water on their paws outside and they step in on the towel on the floor. Seems to work so far.
    Might give this a go.
    I don't think they have the shipping set up for Ireland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Phsyche

On amazon it got mostly positive reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

:D:D But it just looks like a mug?!?! Are there brushes inside it or something - i'd be wary of nails getting caught or the dog running of with his foot stuck in it and water going everywhere! :D You can teach them to wipe their feet - my guy learnt it at class. You basically put some treats under the mat, stand on the mat (to keep in in place - you'll see why when you try it) and when they go to scratch/run their paws at the mat to get the treats click and reward to shape the scratching/rubbing action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,901 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Get a couple of pieces of foam each the size of a door mat. As you come in get the dog to walk across the foam & it will draw wetness off of the dogs paws. Thick foam works best & by having two sheets you have one washed & drying whilst the other is in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Just use babywipes, no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I had considered getting one of these, but someone told me just to get a big plastic mug, they work just as well, I still haven't got the plastic mug, but apparently its just the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,901 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

ISDW wrote: »
    I had considered getting one of these, but someone told me just to get a big plastic mug, they work just as well, I still haven't got the plastic mug, but apparently its just the same.

I think the Pawplunger has brushes inside. If the OP buys one then they can report back. I too was thinking of one of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

hi there

I have just ordered one. will take a little while to get it cos I'm having it delivered to the office in London so postage fees a lot cheaper for me :-)

I will let you know what I think after using a few times !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

My worry would be if the dogs are dirty enough to need a paw plunger would they not just end up with clean paws and filthy bodies? Or are mine the only ones who manage to be manky on a simple road walk? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

Mine have a raincoat that covers their bellies so only the paws get dirty :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

I've seen a few comments that say these are good but that the dogs dew claws catch in the brushes and hurt them. One lady said she uses it without the brushes.

Advertisement