Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butchers In Drogheda

Options
  • 25-01-2012 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of good value butchers in Drogheda? Tuites and Sampsons only ones I know of in the town

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

the one in southgate is very good. no idea what its called though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Antibac wrote: »
    Anyone know of good value butchers in Drogheda? Tuites and Sampsons only ones I know of in the town

Id like to know aswell if there are any decent ones. Everyone suggest tuites but they have 7 chicken fillets for 10 euro which is dear compared to other parts of the country. The fillets are decent but its not value and they only just changed it from 6 for a tenner to 7. Got steak aswell out of it which I didnt think was to good. Btw the new butchers in byranstown manor do 5 chicken fillets for a tenner which is a rip off!!! Never tried sampsons so might give it ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

The one in Southgate is Connors Butchers. Very good value and he doesn't buy packs of meat and cut them. He buys the whole carcass and means its cheaper, tastier cuts of meat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

m.j.w wrote: »
    Id like to know aswell if there are any decent ones. Everyone suggest tuites but they have 7 chicken fillets for 10 euro which is dear compared to other parts of the country. The fillets are decent but its not value and they only just changed it from 6 for a tenner to 7. Got steak aswell out of it which I didnt think was to good. Btw the new butchers in byranstown manor do 5 chicken fillets for a tenner which is a rip off!!! Never tried sampsons so might give it ago.

Big ones or small ones? I know at our local in dublin south it's 12 small for 10 or 7 large for 10, by large I mean 1 is enough for one person in a curry if diced cuts to about 10 pieces, were as you would need 2 small ones for same amount-ish.

I do stcok up on Tuites burgers when im home though , have a soft spot for those aswell as the stuffed chicken wrapped in bacon and seasoning .... yum :)

Also their round mince is well below par compared to what I get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Tuite,s seems to be very popular
    Very difficult to get parked nearby though .
    If you fancy a bit of a spin ,
    A trip to the butchers in slane is highly recommended .
    There on the right on the Drogheda road .
    Great deals ,allways something new on offer and they do lamb when it's in season from new grange farm .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

It always amuses me when I see these 5,6,7, 8 or whatever quantity chicken fillets for €10, or the other ones is....3 'large' striploin steaks for €15. What it all comes down to is the price per kg. Wholeslaer I go to sells chicken fillets to calibrated weights. You can get chicken that are 110g each, they are then available in increments up to 220g.

Next time you go to butcher ask them to put fillets on the scales and see what they weigh.

I would recommend Tuites (Bullring shop) and Connors in Southgate.

m.j.w wrote: »

Does anybody know of a butchers in or around Drogheda who sell fresh duck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

butchers up at the brink is the best ever, have posted here before about him.. its on the slane /ashbourne road great deals and best meat ever ... raised 2 pet lambs and freezered them over the last week , real organic meat, tbh, i have never tasted meat like it , delish!:)

whelan1 wrote: »
    butchers up at the brink is the best ever, have posted here before about him.. its on the slane /ashbourne road great deals and best meat ever ... raised 2 pet lambs and freezered them over the last week , real organic meat, tbh, i have never tasted meat like it , delish!:)

Sounds good, have no idea where the brink is. Do ya have a name of the butchers? Might call out at the weekend

sean carolan butchers, gothrough slane heading for ashbourne about 2 miles up the road on left hand side is a filling station, he's in there, say noeleen sent ya... best mince ever , no fat in it, does alot of deals, also yummy t bone steaks

• Advertisement

whelan1 wrote: »
    sean carolan butchers, gothrough slane heading for ashbourne about 2 miles up the road on left hand side is a filling station, he's in there, say noeleen sent ya... best mince ever , no fat in it, does alot of deals, also yummy t bone steaks

cheers ill pop out, only just said today at work id love a t-bone steak this weekend. Know what ill be having for dinner tomorrow :D

tell me what ya think !

Advertisement