Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stabbing in Wexford Town - Hollyville Heights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

RIP

Deepest condolences to the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

He was well known by the Gardai aswell as most people in town and he was stabbed by a person who was also well known by the Gardai.

i dont think its ok for me to put in names here,so thats all the info i will give i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

At least a killer is off the streets for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭chieftan65

At least a killer is off the streets for a long time.

maybe... you know what the justice system in this country is like

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

i dont think its ok for me to put in names here,so thats all the info i will give i think.

No need, all the info on the victim is printed here, seems as he was no angel either

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0125/breaking16.html

Would "the outskirts of town" be Castlebridge by any chance?

• Advertisement

chieftan65 wrote: »
    maybe... you know what the justice system in this country is like

Yeh, in The Irish Times article it states that the perpetrator was released early from Jail -

"The suspect was released early from a five year jail sentence for an assault in Wexford in 2007 in which a man was left in a coma."

Can't imagine the justice system will serve us law abiders well here either :mad:

vicwatson wrote: »
    No need, all the info on the victim is printed here, seems as he was no angel either

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0125/breaking16.html

Would "the outskirts of town" be Castlebridge by any chance?

No, Drinagh I believe.

Okay, Rosemount, hmmm, doesn't surprise me if that's the family.

Edit - I've taken the link out of my message, you are right, best to wait until media has broken it, we all know anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Yeh, in The Irish Times article it states that the perpetrator was released early from Jail -

"The suspect was released early from a five year jail sentence for an assault in Wexford in 2007 in which a man was left in a coma."

Can't imagine the justice system will serve us law abiders well here either :mad:

I remember that night very well, I was standing at the bottom of Georges St in Wexford town. Horrible, horrible attack. I won't say much more, but most from town know what went on.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Lads I have had to edit a post here and delete another post. Naming people and there Ethnic background is not allowed. As I have said already wait till the media Name Names.

• Advertisement

There was already an arrest warrant out for the accused who was at large so I don't see how The Irish Independent know there'll be arrest soon, perhaps they should tell the Gardai where the accused is:confused: :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Lads regardless of what background the Victim or the Accused had there is a family in deep mourning at this time. I don't want to be editing and deleting comments in this thread. Please THINK before you comment.

I find this whole scenario abhorrent. Will the suspect now be arrested and charged in jail? I assume so.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/suspect-in-fatal-stabbing-was-on-the-run-from-jail-3001823.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I find this whole scenario abhorrent. Will the suspect now be arrested and charged in jail? I assume so.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/suspect-in-fatal-stabbing-was-on-the-run-from-jail-3001823.html

Only in Ireland can someone be jailed for serious offences and let out for Christmas so long as they promise to go back.Something that the suspect didn't do and look what happened.
    I see this all the time in Enniscorthy,guaranteed that as soon as the Strawberry Fest starts we'll see the great & the good of the local scumbags released from jail for the week.The mind boggles on how the authorities here think.

Christmas release - it's such a joke, WTF?

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/inmate-held-over-ontherun-murder-3002234.html

Here is a convicted criminal out on release and whilst on release he goes and commits the murder of another convicted criminal. This guy that committed the crime has been committing crime all his life, he will continue to commit crime after he serves his sentence for this assault,

HE WILL BE FOREVER A BURDEN ON THE STATE, HIM AND MANY MANY LIKE HIM. WE THE LAW ABIDING TAXPAYERS WILL HAVE TO FUND THIS AS*HOLES LIFE OF CRIME FOREVER :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: HE WILL NEVER CHANGE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Christmas release - it's such a joke, WTF?

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/inmate-held-over-ontherun-murder-3002234.html

Here is a convicted criminal out on release after murdering another convicted criminal. This guy that committed the crime has been committing crime all his life, he will continue to commit crime after he serves his sentence for this assault,

HE WILL BE FOREVER A BURDEN ON THE STATE, HIM AND MANY MANY LIKE HIM. WE THE LAW ABIDING TAXPAYERS WILL HAVE TO FUND THIS AS*HOLES LIFE OF CRIME FOREVER :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: HE WILL NEVER CHANGE.

He was not in jail for murder he was in jail for assaulting an innocent man who was just walking home who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and he cooperated with the guards which helped him gain his release.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    He was not in jail for murder he was in jail for assaulting an innocent man who was just walking home who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and he cooperated with the guards which helped him gain his release.

I'm aware of that, on re-reading my post it looks like I meant he was in jail for murder - that's not true. I'll edit the post so it reads better:o

He is in Jail for 5 years for putting an innocent person in a coma. He was "released" for christmas as it was coming close to his release time (probably a year less than 5) and he decides to go on the run, then goes and murders someone else.

HE WILL BE FOREVER A BURDEN ON THE STATE, HIM AND MANY MANY LIKE HIM. WE THE LAW ABIDING TAXPAYERS WILL HAVE TO FUND THIS AS*HOLES LIFE OF CRIME FOREVER mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif HE WILL NEVER CHANGE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

I hope the people who let this guy out are brought up as accessories to murder. Anyone with one ounce of fcukin sense would know to look at that bastards record that he is little more than a rabid dog and letting him into society for any length of time is asking for trouble.

Christmas release my fcukin hole. Whoever signed the release form should be sacked and prosecuted. As for that other animal he needs to be put down. Something tells me though in 7 or 8 years time we'll be having this very same conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

What's your point????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

oldyouth wrote: »
    What's your point????????

I was attempting to clarify an earlier comment that the suspect was in jail for assaulting an innocent man not murdering a criminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I was attempting to clarify an earlier comment that the suspect was in jail for assaulting an innocent man not murdering a criminal.
    Nice to have clarification on specifics when murder is committed in the town, rather than acknowledge that this incident occurred because a bollicks was let loose on the streets

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Aye, sure who needs clarification and a few facts when you can have a good oul whinge and moan about the scum walking around wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Well, I guess that makes it alright then.

the GALL wrote: »
    Well, I guess that makes it alright then.

Oh sweet jesus

No one said that, McLoughlin was simply clarifying a point I made earlier that looked like I had said he was on prison release for murder, I went and amended my post so it wasn't construed as he was out on release from murder - as he wasn't, he was on release from prison for putting a guy in a coma. (read posts 17 to 19 inclusive for clarity)

Might be pedantic but it's best stick to the facts of the case I think.;)

Wexford stabbing: Man released without charge | BreakingNews.ie : http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/wexford-stabbing-man-released-without-charge-537697.html

They state they released a Dublin man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

That is a complete disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Oh sweet jesus

No one said that, McLoughlin was simply clarifying a point I made earlier that looked like I had said he was on prison release for murder, I went and amended my post so it wasn't construed as he was out on release from murder - as he wasn't, he was on release from prison for putting a guy in a coma. (read posts 17 to 19 inclusive for clarity)

Might be pedantic but it's best stick to the facts of the case I think.;)
    I know he's out on release for putting some random in a coma, the point your missing is he put some guy in a coma and he's out on TR for co-operating:rolleyes:

breakingnews.ie is pathetic,first they state they released a dublin man, and then they say the victim was stabbed near the door of his house in Ferndale.

• Advertisement

Wexford stabbing: Man released without charge | BreakingNews.ie : http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/wexford-stabbing-man-released-without-charge-537697.html

They state they released a Dublin man.

Yeh this probably relates to the supposed accomplice on the night of the attack. There was rumour that the Gardai thought there was an accomplice (more of a watcher than being directly involved in the attack), I'd say this is this person.

I doubt very much if this relates to the perpetrator of the crime.

Advertisement