Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making money from home?? HELP!!

Options
  • 25-01-2012 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

I'm a stay at home mum and I'm desperately looking for ways to make a few quid from home... has any body any ideas/advice on what jobs you can do from home?

Also thinking of making and selling items on Adverts.ie/Gumtree/Ebay etc, I've been racking my brain but cant come up with ideas for what people could want/need.

As you can see I'm struggling so any advice would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭YouBuyLocal

melly101 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm a stay at home mum and I'm desperately looking for ways to make a few quid from home... has any body any ideas/advice on what jobs you can do from home?

Also thinking of making and selling items on Adverts.ie/Gumtree/Ebay etc, I've been racking my brain but cant come up with ideas for what people could want/need.

If you're making and selling things online forget about the websites mentioned. Use etsy.com, zibbet.com, artfire.com or fondelifair.com.

Prices vary but are in or around 3-10% of your sales or sometimes 20 squids a month.

Then you have shopify.com, which is 20euro per month and an extra 50c each for cool features Luke integrating into facebook. Facebook business page is your friend and there are ways if doing simple landing pages to link to cool features like a video or your shop or flickr, etc.

Pm me if you need any other bits and bobs of advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Pixie Chief

I think that it is very difficult to find a niche that works for you but you really need to think about your skill set. After almost 16 years of trying a lot of things, I finally have a working idea that is just now starting to get on it's feet - largely because I kept thinking about stuff I could do and what people seemed to want instead of thinking about what I was good at and building something round that. Hard to suggest things without knowing what you are interested in and are good at?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

melly101 wrote: »
    Hi,

Why not mind children after school there are always folk looking for their kids to be taken after school etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 melly101

Thanks a mill for advice guys, yea have notices up looking for Childminding/Babysitting, cleaning jobs etc.... every little helps! Hopefully something comes up soon! Great to hear you have your idea up and running PixieChief..... Think I'll sit down with pen and paper and start putting every idea that comes into my head down and hopefully I'll get some inspiration!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Hey OP,

Someone asked the same thing only a while back!

Some useful tips here for you.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75297953

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭YouBuyLocal

minders.ie is run by a friend of mine, might be useful

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Herbalist

One idea would be to start by listing your skills (you probably have more than you realise!) and then thinking about what you could offer from home around these services.

If you are artistic and can make things then etsy.com or ebay might be worth exploring.

Child minding or pet minding are two ideas that spring to mind that you could do from home. From speaking to a friend with experience in the pet minding and grooming business there seems to still be demand in that area.

Have you ever done book keeping or payroll? This is something that can often be done from home for companies.

Chet Zar wrote: »
    Hey OP,

Someone asked the same thing only a while back!

Some useful tips here for you.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75297953

That post was really helpful... thanks so much for sharing your advice with everyone!! I think its great that you are willing to share your ideas with everyone... I am definitly going to look into ebooks... did journalism in college donkeys years ago so hoping to get the creative juices flowing!!

Cheers:)

minders.ie is run by a friend of mine, might be useful

Have just signed up for Minders.ie so fingers crossed! Thanks a mill for that.....:)

Advertisement