Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where exactly is the dog run is St annes ?

• 25-01-2012 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Can someone give me directions from the coast road enterence beside the duck pond to the dog run ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

luckyfrank wrote: »
    Can someone give me directions from the coast road enterence beside the duck pond to the dog run ?
    Me too, heard about it, but never found it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

I know dogs are allowed off leash first hour and last hour of park opening times but as ive a husky that isnt an option for me any time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

the 'dog run' is a little piece of tarmac near the radio controlled race track.

it really isnt anywhere for a dog to run free as its barely the size of a tenis court and not enclosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭aisher

This 'dog park' is usually empty - its a small tarmac area surrounded by a fence and really has no benefits - far too small and last time I was there a lot of glass - I prefer to get to the park early or at the last hour and let my dog off leash then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

It is rubbish & I wouldn't waste time on it; but...
    From the coast road carpark, walk straight up the path from the carpark about 5 or so minutes. Do not take the left path by the pond, but head straight. After about 5 mins there will be a narrower footpath lined with trees & pitches on both Sides.Do not take this but keep on a bit and take the next path left. There will be big muddy hilly banks on the left. Walk up along this path for about 2 or 3 minutes & before you come to the bridge go RIGHT.
    You will see a mini race track for " kids" on the left.
    The sad pathetic glass shrewn old playground with the swings taken out surrounded by an old metal bar fence is what they are now calling the dog park.
    The tried calling it a basketball court, a rollerpark & sthing else& it has been universally shunned for all functions. When you see it you will understand. There is a double swing gate that used to keep the toddlers in; naturally as it us a bar fence thus does nothing for dogs.
    St Annes is a fabulous park for dogs; you can run your dog off lead before 11am. After that they have a dog warden that goes around in a van & captures off lead dogs; it's strictly enforced; particularly around the " mile" ,Belltower, cafe & kids playground.
    But!! It's a fabulous park; just not the ridiculous " dogpark"
    Best of luck! Mind the squirrels!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

Just a thought said it better than I could have!
    Its my local, and when my Husky was a pup Id bring her down and let her off in here, but at a year old now I would never chance it...... With one of her excited prances she could pop over the fence with ease and I'd never see her again! Great park though and right beside the beach too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Vince32

Isn't there a dog park in marley somewhere?

I've never been but I heard it's fully enclosed and dogs can go off leash there, it's a bit of a hike to get there I guess depending on where you start from. But from what I've been told it's the only place dog's are legally allowed be off leash.

Being a husky owner it's something I've been thinking about, but my mind crawls with dogs chasing and biting each other, and I'm not sure how the other dog owners would react if mine bit a little too hard.

But for what it's worth, check it out and see if it's something you might want to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

kimmyt1987 wrote: »
    Just a thought said it better than I could have!
    Its my local, and when my Husky was a pup Id bring her down and let her off in here, but at a year old now I would never chance it...... With one of her excited prances she could pop over the fence with ease and I'd never see her again! Great park though and right beside the beach too :)
    I see you live in clareall i drive to donagmede daily i always see someone walking a black and white husky between donaghmede and clare hall roundabout ??? That you

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Krustacean

Vince32: I went to Marlay Park recently to let my dog have a run around with other dogs, only to find out when I got there that dogs on the 'Dangerous Breeds' list are not allowed inside the dog park. Disappointing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Krustacean i'm sure you mean the Restricted Breeds List ;)

Vince here's a direct link to the DLRCOCO website information about the Park as a whole.

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/parks/marlay/07_MarlayDogPark.pdf

The warden there is apparently very strict on the rules in relation to the restricted breed list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Vince32

That is disappointing

Nope not me but I think I know the dog your thinking of alright....
    Mines a Red lady....

scooter.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭scarlet_mandy

Hey, been to Marlay park dog park a few times now, and I know there's a sign outside for restricted breeds, but I've definitely seen Huskies there before, at least one every time but more often 2 or 3, so not sure how strictly it's enforced? Also seen other 'restricted breeds' in there quite a bit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Hey, been to Marlay park dog park a few times now, and I know there's a sign outside for restricted breeds, but I've definitely seen Huskies there before, at least one every time but more often 2 or 3, so not sure how strictly it's enforced? Also seen other 'restricted breeds' in there quite a bit :)

Huskies aren't on the Restricted Breed list.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Husky's not on Restricted Breed List - to clarify here is the list below..

American Pit Bull Terrier
    Bull Mastiff
    Doberman Pinscher
    English Bull Terrier
    German Shepherd (Alsatian)
    Japanese Akita
    Japanese Tosa
    Rhodesian Ridgeback
    Rottweiler
    Staffordshire Bull Terrier
    Every other strain or cross-breed of these dogs are also covered.

Ha, I was beaten to it....

• Registered Users Posts: 32 PinkVaper

with regards the original topic here is a link to a proposed NEW off leash area in ST.Annes.
    Don't know however if this will mean a change to the current off lead policys in place (which are great....just back from walking mine off leash up,down and up the big driveway!) or when it will be finished as article dated august.

http://www.clontarf.ie/news/dog-park-to-be-developed-in-st-annes

P.S Marley park is great just too far and there is a new one open in blanch/clonsilla which i havnt been to yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

Hi, i live in Blanch and haven't heard of a dog park here. Any idea whereabouts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's in the Millennium Park

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

January wrote: »
    It's in the Millennium Park

Is there a fenced off area? Many dogs down there at any one time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 PinkVaper

just been to milennium park looking for the dog park and couldnt find it...there was what looked like a dog park in the making...looked like a potentionally nice place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Knockout_91

We took our dog (huge golden retriever) to the dog run and within minutes he had hopped the fence and ran away.

We caught him a while later.

And as someone else said - there was broken glass. It's in terrible condition.

Advertisement