Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300-450 i5--2500k Gaming Build?

Options
  • 25-01-2012 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Alright lads, I know this is probably going to be easy but I was wondering if I can get a i5-2500k Gaming Build for the budget of €300-450? Thanks :)

1. What is your budget? €300-450

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Nope

5. Do you need a monitor? Nope, hopefully I can hook it up to my tv

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Gonna wait a bit, still want the 2500k to have the option though, this is my first serious gaming desktop.

8. How can you pay? Credit Card

9. When are you purchasing? Don't mind, if theres any price cuts in the next month I'm willing to wait till then.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? South Dublin, I'll do abit more research and see if I'm up for going solo!

Also, I know this is taking the piss but I'm gonna chance my arm, is there anyway I'd fit an i7 into this budget?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

How about some water-cooling too?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

twinsen wrote: »
    How about some water-cooling too?
    I take that as a it's impossible.

Bonesy. wrote: »
    I take that as a it's impossible.
    I am afraid so. You would need to spend a little bit more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

If it's for gaming, I would suggest a monitor and not your TV

You'll burn the eyes out of your head

You could get one for that budget, but it would be very basic. It would be worth spending a little bit more on things like PSU and Case size for future upgrading

I am afraid so. You would need to spend a little bit more
    But, no OS or harddrive? :(

• Advertisement

Tallon wrote: »

You could get one for that budget, but it would be very basic. It would be worth spending a little bit more on things like PSU and Case size for future upgrading

He wouldn't get one even for 450. Only processor would cost him around 180, add motherboard, psu, case, hdd, ram, decent graphics card (as he is looking for gaming pc).

Tallon wrote: »

True. I'm gonna get an XIGAMATEK Asgard III w/ window case at the start(36 euros) Then a few months down the line get a Antec 900

Bonesy. wrote: »
    True. I'm gonna get an XIGAMATEK Asgard III w/ window case at the start(36 euros) Then a few months down the line get a Antec 900
    Well,if you plan investing money in better case in a few months, then spending 36e on a crap case, would be just waste of 36e. Try to save up for next 2-3 months and then buy it? or maybe try something cheaper like i3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Well,if you plan investing money in better case in a few months, then spending 36e on a crap case, would be just waste of 36e. Try to save up for next 2-3 months and then buy it? or maybe try something cheaper like i3?

Yes this! This is what I was getting at

Don't buy small and then upgrade, wait for a bit and buy the larger case

I have the Antec 600 and I am so glad I bought it, although I'm running out of space already :p

For €450 you will get probably the most basic gaming PC.. and I mean basic

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

TBH for €500 delivered you would be looking at best something based on an i3-2100 with a HD6790 (with a decent z68 motherboard to support future overclock plans should you get an i5k down the line), and a decent 550W SF amazon PSU with a budget case. (Would post basket but can't get Fluffys javascript working ATM)

And if ordering from HWVS I'd be all over this WD 320GB HDD for €35 euro (must be a mistake its half the price of other small drives??)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Theres 2 things you could do.

- Get a cheap gaming computer, i3-2120, 6850, Asgard, etc.

Get this:

Item|Price
    Total build cost: €409.61 + €30 shipping
    Intel Celeron G530 Box, LGA1155|€37.61
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€32.32
    Crucial M4 64GB SSD 6,4cm (2,5")|€92.99
    Samsung SH-222AB bare schwarz SATA|€16.04
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W|€54.94
    Cooler Master HAF 912 schwarz, ohne Netzteil|€75.76
    ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€99.95

It won't run any games but it will work as an office computer. Then down the line when you have a bit of cash you can drop an i5-2500k + 7950/7970 + 1TB hard drive into it.

Thanks for all the feedback! So what I've decided to do is wait and save up, then work at a 650 euro budget or so, in the meantime I've decided to do a deal and swap my Insipiron netbook + 200 cash for a basic gaming desktop (Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 2.1Ghz etc..) Thanks for the response :)

Advertisement