Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

decent tablet for a specific purpose

Options
  • 25-01-2012 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

Currently using an old cowon q5w for viewing video reference material. Screen size on the q5 is small and it's showing its age but it does have the benefit of decent hard drive size for storage and it will play .vob files ( i dont want to have to go through converting files..its always a pain in the jacksie)

Looking for a gadget (presumably a tablet) that will do the following:

Play a wide range of video files (VOB if possible or at least a vob thats been renamed to an avi extension :pac:)

Has decent storage (20 to 60 gbs would be good) or at least the ability to accept external storage of that size.

Has a decent screen but doesn't have to be huge

Lower end of the budget range.

Couldn't care less about most other features, so I'm open to models that have been surpassed by the current gen if it makes them cheaper

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

64gb 7" Blackberry playbook, €329 Currys/Pcworld ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I second the PlayBook as I own a 16GB model and you can get android apps on it once OS2 is released. Makes the best of both worlds and is a bargain at 329 euro (down from 699). But be quick as the sale is due to end at the end of january

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

tbh its overkill for what I want (viewing video) even at a cut price. I might look into some of the older archos models or just stick with the q5 until its battery dies

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

The archos models are probably best for video playback support - take a look at the carphonewarehouse.ie - they have a 10 inch archos tab for 200 and a 7 inch for 150 - which is pretty good value - both of those would probably do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

This Ainol Novo 7 Aurora in bargain alerts might be of interest.

Looks pretty good for the money, doesn't have the internal memory you want but it's got an sd card slot.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Do-more wrote: »
    This Ainol Novo 7 Aurora in bargain alerts might be of interest.

Looks pretty good for the money, doesn't have the internal memory you want but it's got an sd card slot.

Had a look at that thread last night alright. :D

Advertisement