Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 3GS Help

• 25-01-2012 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

i bought a secondhand 3gs its unlocked and running ios 5, i put my sim in and went through the activation screens but its stuck on "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported carrier store." i know the phone was on vodafone if i got a free payg voda sim would it activate the phone then could i just put my tesco mobile sim on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

your free vodafone sim would activate it but to use tesco sim you would need to JB and unlock it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

deaglan169 wrote: »
    i bought a secondhand 3gs its unlocked and running ios 5, i put my sim in and went through the activation screens but its stuck on "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported carrier store." i know the phone was on vodafone if i got a free payg voda sim would it activate the phone then could i just put my tesco mobile sim on?
    Your phone is not unlocked, the only way to unlock without going back to the seller would be updating to the ipad baseband 06.15.00 which is not recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

cheers for help got it sorted, phone was jailbroken but then updated to ios 5.0.1 so i reflashed it using redsnow and got past the activation screen then ended up with no signal so got ultrasnow and up and running now:D

Advertisement