Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple outgoing mail servers Galaxy S2

Options
  • 25-01-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi Guys. I have recently got a Galaxy S2 which I have to say I love. However I have one bug bear that may be resolvable or not.

I use multiple wireless networks throughout the week between offices and family and friend houses. With my Iphone 4g I was able to set up multiple outgoing mail servers on the phone so I had no issues sending mails whether I am on eircom, bt / vodaphone /iol , imagine, ntl /upc ....... Now it seems that I can only set up one outgoing mail server per account. I have 3 email accounts that now I can only send from my home wireless network.

Questions - Is it possible to assign multiple outgoing accounts on the S2.

Also how do I set it up to work for the three network when out on the road.

Thanks

RichardB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭richb6987

Can anyone help me with this

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Might be better off asking in the Android forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

My way round this was to add my work emails to my Gmail go to Mail-->Settings-->Accounts and import and add the pop3 details. I was very suprised as this works amazingly. You can send mail from any email account within in Gmail and you have the option to create Gmail filters to automatically sort and colour code your emails as they arrive.

Edit; just to note you'd add pop3 to Gmail on your PC, it would very fiddly trying to do something like this on your phone. Take this opportunity to import all your contacts into Gmail also, as Google contacts, that way you'll always have them backed up in Gmail and you can stop the phone showing sim and phone contacts altogether, set Google save as default. You can then edit, merge and even add images on a big screen on your PC and they'll instantly sync with your phone

Advertisement