Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Video) Woman parks in middle of street, goes mental at guy

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

She sounds like one of D4's finest.

She sounds like she wants to be one of D4's finest:D Loike...

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

Egg, and my face, are in alignment! :(

Very good!:D I hope you don't mind if I use that line myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

She was a complete ignorant bítch to block an entire lane of traffic on that street. But I also find it strange that someone would just stand there filming it. Amazing how social norms have changed so much, that a weirdo can stand filming a complete stranger for no apparent reason. Apparently this is now perfectly normal behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

seamus wrote: »
    A bad day is when you shout at someone and storm off. It doesn't involve following someone down the road giving them verbal abuse, threatening to file a false assault allegation against them, and then assaulting them to take their camera.

That's the actions of someone who's an asshole every day. I don't see why the should be protected when their nature is displayed to the world.

I can understand how some people would get very paranoid seeing a stranger filming them and refusing a request not to. Regardless of the law there's a basic level of personal space and privacy this seems to cross which could work someone in to a frenzy and cause what appears to be an irrational overreaction. Plus I don't think most people are actually aware of the legalities around this so they may genuinely feel they're in the right to begin with.

However, the whole thing did go on for several minutes, enough for most to calm down and reason with the guy, but the lady became the aggressor in the end. If she hadn't made the threat of falsely accusing him of assault then I doubt the vid would have exploded across the internet the way it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

But I also find it strange that someone would just stand there filming it. Amazing how social norms have changed so much, that a weirdo can stand filming a complete stranger for no apparent reason. Apparently this is now perfectly normal behaviour.
    Cianos wrote: »
    I can understand how some people would get very paranoid seeing a stranger filming them and refusing a request not to. Regardless of the law there's a basic level of personal space and privacy this seems to cross which could work someone in to a frenzy and cause what appears to be an irrational overreaction. Plus I don't think most people are actually aware of the legalities around this so they may genuinely feel they're in the right to begin with.

Would you think it was strange, or get paranoid, if you walked into her shop and there were CCTV cameras filming you?

And why is it strange? People have been doing this since video cameras were invented. He is videoing the entire street scene, not focussing on the driver or even the car alone. I have home movies that my dad took when I was a kid in the sixties of people doing all sorts of random things like people fishing off a pier, street vendors and their stalls, double decker buses (when they were still a novelty) etc. Does that make my dad a weirdo?

What is weird to me is that she even took offense to him filming. Would we even have watched the clip if it wasn't for her reaction?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

She was a complete ignorant bítch to block an entire lane of traffic on that street. But I also find it strange that someone would just stand there filming it. Amazing how social norms have changed so much, that a weirdo can stand filming a complete stranger for no apparent reason. Apparently this is now perfectly normal behaviour.

He was filming a car blocking an entire lane of traffic, a stunning display of selfishness and ignorance. How is that no apparent reason, and how does that make him a weirdo?

Amazing how you can interpret the contents of the video so strangely.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,475 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Cianos wrote: »

However, the whole thing did go on for several minutes, enough for most to calm down and reason with the guy, but the lady became the aggressor in the end. If she hadn't made the threat of falsely accusing him of assault then I doubt the vid would have exploded across the internet the way it did.

If a woman says to me that they're going to the police to falsely accuse me of assulting them, you better believe I'm recording it!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    If a woman says to me that they're going to the police to falsely accuse me of assulting them, you better believe I'm recording it!

How will you know in advance to record it though, or are you just going to record everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,475 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Kepti wrote: »
    How will you know in advance to record it though, or are you just going to record everything?

Have a phone that can record as do a lot of people. Anyway, I was assuming I was in the situation above where recordign has already commenced.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

He was also recording the fact that she parked in the middle of the road practically and caused a traffic jam.

C*nts like that need to be outed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

For a business woman I was surprised when she told him "I have all day" to follow him around, until I saw the state of her shop/business. Maybe she should concentrate on getting her business into a reasonable looking shop may be more beneficial than spending all day following people around and harassing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

I encounter potential Parking Rage situations too often for my liking. Usually as a pedestrian, which means I'm regularly told I'm "the only one who cares".

This video has generated over 100 pages of comment on YouTube as well as some press coverage.

What are the key ingredients that made the video go viral?

I'd love to be able to emulate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Would you think it was strange, or get paranoid, if you walked into her shop and there were CCTV cameras filming you?

They are a normal security measure for any business to take, so why would their presence unnerve me? Surely you realise why most business premises tend to have CCTV present? But judging by your question, I'll have to assume you don't. There are two main reasons for the presence of CCTV in a business premises.
    1) - To protect from theft/vandalism.
    2) - To protect from litigation/claims ect.
    Kepti wrote: »
    ..how does that make him a weirdo?

Because he is standing on the street, filming a car causing an obstruction. Which is the kind of mundane thing you might see everyday, on a busy street full of traffic. Looks like he really needs to get out more often imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

tvnutz wrote: »
    What an absolute tool. And she contacted the police? People like this make me sick,whatever about all her nonsense she was on about for 5 minutes, but the one thing that pisses me off no end is her comment that she threatened to falsely accuse him of assault. Surely if the police see this, she should be prosecuted for this threat? There are so many sick people that actually get away with falsely claiming assault, if he had not been taping her, God knows what lies she might have told the police.

Yup...conspiracy to pervert the course of justice. Quite a serious crime in the UK. Also, following him and the threatening behaviour of the husband could lead to harrassment charges as well. Coupled with the illegal parking, I wouldn't be suprised if she & the husband got arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Sarah Duncan Knitwear and yes it has affected her business, but she has no one to blame but herself:

She'll have to knit herself a balaclava now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

In before the injunction

justryan wrote: »
    In before the injunction

The husband should be charged with this ....

I can see this becoming an Internet meme

"Why are you taping us?" "Why are you taping us?" "Why are you taping us?" "Why are you intimidating my wife?" "Why are you intimidating my wife?" "Why are you intimidating my wife?"

Almost feel bad for the wagon judging by her Google Places listing her business will really suffer

http://maps.google.com/m/places?hl=en&ei=9g0oT5DiI8jujAeYJg&ved=0CBAQtQU#ipd:mode=pp&cid=661293868612245431&ppmode=review&q=sarah+duncan+bath&start=8

The Internet is a vengeful beast, she could have just as easily walked the other way and not have made a tit of herself

justryan wrote: »
    Almost feel bad for the wagon judging by her Google Places listing her business will really suffer

She sounds like the kind of obnoxious battle axe who has shat all over people all her life. Maybe it's just coming back to bite her on the arse.

schadenfreude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Ye man was as cool as a cucumber, fair play to him

Advertisement