Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mess up with order.

Options
  • 25-01-2012 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Ordered a phone line last week with eircom broadband ultimate upto 24mbs with evening and weekend calls. I was told that everything was ordered and I'd get my modem sometime this week by courier. No sign today so I rang to make sure. Apparently there was no order placed for broadband only phone. A flat mate works from home and he's trying to use ****e 3G broadband since we moved in.

No apology, nothing so I'm off to get it from another provider. Very poor stuff. I was also told last thursday when I called there was no connection fee but today he wanted €30 when I tried to sign up. Really awful customer service experience.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

gpf101 wrote: »
    Hi,

Ordered a phone line last week with eircom broadband ultimate upto 24mbs with evening and weekend calls. I was told that everything was ordered and I'd get my modem sometime this week by courier. No sign today so I rang to make sure. Apparently there was no order placed for broadband only phone. A flat mate works from home and he's trying to use ****e 3G broadband since we moved in.

No apology, nothing so I'm off to get it from another provider. Very poor stuff. I was also told last thursday when I called there was no connection fee but today he wanted €30 when I tried to sign up. Really awful customer service experience.

Hi gpf101,

If you have received any account / order details can you PM them to me please. If not, can you can send on the address and I will look into the order status and get back to you with all the correct information.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Glad to say this is sorted, however I'm only getting 10Mbps. The line checker said I could get 12Mbps. Any idea why this is? Not a big deal but would be nice all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

gpf101 wrote: »
    Glad to say this is sorted, however I'm only getting 10Mbps. The line checker said I could get 12Mbps. Any idea why this is? Not a big deal but would be nice all the same.

Hi gpf101,

The speed provisioned is 12MB to the main socket. If you are on wifi that can lower the speed rather than connecting directly via cable.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It's syncing at 10020 down and 620 up, speedtesting at 8.5Mbit. I'm using my own netgear Adsl 2+ modem plugged into the main socket. I'll wait until I get the eircom modem and see what that syncs at. The line stats look pretty good, 33.2 attenuation and 8.2 db noise margin, I'd probably expect a little higher than 10Mbit sync maybe. According to theoretical sync speed calculations, the line should be capable of 14Mbit, I understand provisioning it at 12 to give some margin for a stable connection but 10 seems low.

Advertisement