Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

golden retriever dog what food to feed ?

• 25-01-2012 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I have a golden retriever dog 10 months old, have him on burns dog nuts i am chaning him over to adult food now. what food should i put him on he has a sensitive stomach burns was the only food did not give him diarrhea.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Golden Retrievers are also prone to allergies, which manifest on their skin, and in their eyes and nose. We found that James Welbeloved worked really well for our Retriever Cross. It stopped the upset tummies and also her allergies. Give it a go I think it was definitely worth it.
    We since moved to Robbies, which isn't as widely available but was because we needed one food for a puppy and her and we could do that with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

sw girl wrote: »
    I have a golden retriever dog 10 months old, have him on burns dog nuts i am chaning him over to adult food now. what food should i put him on he has a sensitive stomach burns was the only food did not give him diarrhea.

Can you not keep him on Burns?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

andreac wrote: »
    Can you not keep him on Burns?:confused:

+1 If it's not broke don't fix it.:D

My GR is on JWB cereal free and it really suits him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sw girl

i cant keep him on burns i an changing to adult , i want to feed all my dogs on this new food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Burns do adult food OP?

• Advertisement

But why cant you feed the Adult Burns?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Ya stick to the burns adult, it can be fed from 6 months. I changed ours from it thinking I could do better and have nothing but trouble with one dog loosing weight and really sensitive tum so if I had known I never would have changed!

Although I do think there are far better foods out there. Burns is 65% rice I think?

Whites do a sensitive food, around €40/45 for 15kg delivered from their website if you want to change from burns adult for whatever reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

I feed my guy's and gla's on Gain big dog. I have no problem with it and one of my guy's would have a very sensitive tummy aswell.

what should i be looking out for in a good food ?

Burns is a good food, why cant you keep feeding that? I have asked you several times...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

what should i be looking out for in a good food ?

Which version of Burns are you feeding at the minute? If it's mini bites or canine extra then change to this one

If it's high energy lamb then change to this one.

Saying that they don't do specific puppy food, the high energy foods are suitable for adults as well, though I wouldn't feed minibites to an adult large dog as they'd just swallow it whole, if they have to crunch it it's better for their teeth.

Or is their some specific reason why you want to change to a completely different brand?

i think i will keep burns is chicken and rice good 1 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

i think i will keep burns is chicken and rice good 1 ?

The whole Burns range is good - Chicken & Rice would be fine for your dog.

Advertisement