Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Presales - sort of a joke...

Options
  • 25-01-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭

Any O2 customers out there who would have used the o2 priority presale?

To my mind, the presale seems to be there to fill up rows at the side of the theater. I tried booking for a gig earlier and couldn't select standing or any of the middle rows but the system automatically gave me section F.

I've seen this before with gigs and while I think it's useful if you really want to get into a gig, you can sometimes get some pretty ****ty seats out of it too. Anyone else eperienced this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I have used it loads of times. Have a second mobile on o2 just for the text messages.

I find I always get block A which isnt great.

I always be online within seconds of the presale starting.

Funnily enough. I see roxette on sale this friday but there does not seem to be a presale. Ticketmaster says they go on sale Friday, but no mention of the presale for me ???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭squonk

There's an entry for them on o2blueroom.ie I see. A text for their presale came around a few days ago too.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

It's exactly the same for me, this is why I don't bother ordering the o2 codes anymore. Always get horrible seats offered. :(
    For Roxette it arrived for me yesterday evening. Sending ROX to 51020 will trigger the code being sent.
    I'll try to get decent tickets on Friday. Can't imagine they are popular enough to sell out within minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

yeah, agree with you. Got offered tickets in block m for a gig thinking that was the best I could get, now a few weeks later far better tickets are available:( for the same gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

squonk wrote: »
    There's an entry for them on o2blueroom.ie I see. A text for their presale came around a few days ago too.

But is that not general sale, where is the presale for us, or have I missed it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭squonk

o2blueroom is for the presale. The tickets go on general sale on Ticketmaster 2 days later, so for Roxette, have a look tomorrow on TM. If you want tix now text ROX to the number above for your code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

A lot of the time the best seats come back on sale later as they're unwanted 'production seats' I think. I managed to get front row tickets for Belle and Sebastian in the Grand Canal weeks after it sold out and 6th row tickets for Seinfeld a couple of weeks after the sale started. It's worth keeping an eye on.

The presale tickets never seem to be great for bigger venues from what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I think if you're lucky with the presale, you'll get standing tickets, once the presale allotment of standing tickets are sold, all that's available are the not-so-great seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Ever since the Ricky Gervais fiasco, I'll never buy seated presale tickets from O2 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

What fiasco was that? I think I got mine in the presale, and they were really good seats.

• Advertisement
Advertisement