Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting Silk Cut (Cigarettes) to Australia

Options
  • 25-01-2012 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I tried searching but can't get a definate answer even on the Australian Gov Page, Can I post lets say 4 boxes of Silk Cut ( 4 x 20cigarettes ) to Australia? I want to post several things over as a birthday present and throw in the cigarettes with them but I'm not sure if I can. I don't want the person receiving them to have to pay tax or whatever on the gift but the Australian Gov Website states that packages marked "gifts" are liable for taxes. The other bits in the box are just clothes and small little pieces nothing major. Has anyone posted cigarettes or know if you're allowed?

Thanks
    James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

should be ok, my mother sent out a box of things to me a few years ago and she put 200 johnny blues in the box and there was no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

gustafo wrote: »
    should be ok, my mother sent out a box of things to me a few years ago and she put 200 johnny blues in the box and there was no problem.
    if customs catch this you'll have to pay a pretty big customs duty

Just like posting cheap cigs to Ireland, it costs a fair bit

Advertisement