Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protest outside anglo

Options
  • 25-01-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Noticed the gang outside anglo en route home from college. I wonder if these are all people from the protest on Eyre Square or are they newbies? Lots of support from passers by anyway.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

puffin24 wrote: »
    Lots of support from passers by anyway.
    Boards will soon put a stop to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭puffin24

Ah normally I wouldnt really agree with the campers on the square, but I assume this protest is the unsecured bond holder stuff thats being paid today so cant say I disagree with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Well ze bond holders get there cash today, the cash they gambled away they are getting it all back today. and yes its coming out of your pocket my pocket the whole countries pocketWe all should be outside this black hole of a bank.

Ah sometimes policy and political moves can over-ride economic (and common) sense. I just wish the economic adivsors to the government would stop whispering in the background that these things are bad ideas and start shouting. Not that it matters anyway. Politicians still make the decisions at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

I would love to see/hear a recording of Kenny & Noonan, before the election, saying that these bondholders would not be paid.

Anyone got a recording?.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Did you talk to them OP?
    Assuming you did engage in verbal discussion and then started this thread, why did you not ask them if they had been in some place called eyre square?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Nope, didnt speak to them (pissing rain and a heavy school bag) and they seem to be gone now. Thought it would last longer, but nasty oul evening for protesting!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

They were there yesterday.
    Surely you could've stopped a while, taken off your bag and sheltered under the building's awning and asked if they were the same people from eyre square?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

snubbleste wrote: »
    Surely you could've stopped a while, taken off your bag and sheltered under the building's awning and asked if they were the same people from eyre square?
    We already know they're the same people from Eyre Square, or at the very least, OG sympathisers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Was it peaceful?

Peaceful Protests don't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

There's a picture on the Occupy thread from yesterday that shows them. They went from the camp to the IBRC on Monday afaik to mark the payment of bondholders. One thing that stood out was the very small child there.

snubbleste wrote: »

Yea, I could have done a lot of things. I could have taken out the books from my bag and started flinging them at the protestors, I could have dropped my pants and mooned them. Thought Id ask what I believed to be a relatively easy question that perhaps someone who MAY have stopped a while, taken off their bag and sheltered under the awning may have asked. Because I didnt. Otherwise I wouldnt have asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

Q. What are the two beside him laughing at?
    Ans. Us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jased10s

tis a grand country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Well I'd rather it to the United States Of America anyway. Yes, this country is a grand one.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lobes

Noticed the gang outside anglo en route home from college. I wonder if these are all people from the protest on Eyre Square or are they newbies? Lots of support from passers by anyway.
    Boards will soon put a stop to that!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lobes

seem to be gone now. Thought it would last longer, but nasty oul evening for protesting!

The protest lasted from 8am til 5pm.

Advertisement