Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on Web Content Management System

• 25-01-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi there,

Currently going through a prolonged process to have a website developed. The developer is unbelievably unprofessional and arrogoant and it has been pain since Day1.(it beggars belief in the current environment). I am trying to get it live asap but do not want to have to engage with this guy going forward to edit it and make changes as required.
    Is there any web content management system that I could get / use to all ow me make the changes myself? Changes will be ongoing and the hassle of dealing with this guy would be too painful.
    I think it is done in javascript? Am I as well to get it up and running then get a simple content management system and re-design and set up myself to allow for editing on an ongoing basis?Any help hugely appreciated, thanks.

H

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭nager

Depends on how the site is constructed.
    If is designed with a CMS in place ie. wordpress, Joomla etc then it would be possible. It depends on what you agreed how the site would be built.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Kavkid

If the website is just a static site with no CMS in place already then it is possible to convert it but it's not something you could do if you have no experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Your developer is probably building it in a CMS of some kind (doubtful that it's entirely JavaScript).

I'd suggest you talk to the developer and try to negotiate an amicable end to the project and try to walk away without costing further cash, time or stress.

Advertisement