Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor factors open late

Options
  • 25-01-2012 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

I need to get some bulbs and fuses for my car. Is there any place that is open after 6 on a weekday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

Try Halfords near Smyths & Currys.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Bulbs are definatley cheaper in your local petrol station and fuses probably are too if they have the one you want in stock.

Halfords wanted 12euro for a dip bulb for my car and then offered to fit it for another 6.
    I went to the local garage and got one for 7 and the guy came out to make sure i didnt need a hand fitting it just to be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've got bulbs in the 24h garage on Lough Atalia.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ir555

sasha autos out on the Tuam Road beside Musgraves/ Trappers Inn open until 8pm every evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kmqad

DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE
    I have never come across a garage like this. So angry and feel so stupid. First of all, the owner, sasha has been fined for clocking cars. Check out RTE news
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0207/nct.html - Yes, thats the guy I dealt with.

My experience is not good, i found them as they were just up the road from where the course i was doing was. I brought the car in for a service and a check up to see what needed to be done. The main reason was that i needed a wheel bearing replaced and i explicitly told the guy it needed doing and to have a look. He rang me back, told me it was not the wheel bearing but i needed 3 new tyres, break pads and something else I did not know. But he assured me , it was not the wheel bearing. Cost €410.

I picked up the car, to find that there was a much louder noise coming from the front right wheel. I thought, how the hell could they make it worse if it was not the wheel bearing. By, coincidence, the window broke the same day........................... Never broke in all the years i have been driving.

Took it in to them, did not want to point fingers but it was one hell of a coincidence. He quoted me €170 to fix that. I checked online, and sourced a part for €60. So he done me a deal at €140. Good man. I also told him the SECOND TIME to find out what that new sound they created for me was on the front tyre. He told me he DID NOT THINK it was the wheel bearing and could be the tyre. Going from, its definately not to I DONT THINK its the wheel bearing is a bit of a change in direction. Are they mechanics? He fixed the window and now it does not close right either and Im in fear it may break again because its under pressure closing. He told me, its probably the tyre but if it gets worse, bring it back in and we will have another look at it.

IT GOT WORSE, WAY WORSE

brought it back in again after about a week, could not take the noise. Sounded like a motorbike. This sound was never there before. I only thought it was the wheel bearing because i could feel something grinding.

Brought it back in again, went for a spin with the mechanic, he said, "Yes, its the wheel bearing" Like, ?????????????????????????????????????

I told them that from the start. Im not a mechanic!!!!

Brought it in, AGAIN, SEEMS to be ok, but wanted to charge me a further 130e for it. Would not do a deal since i have given them so much business too. Im sure they created business for themselves and im hoping they did not try something else too.

I stormed out and I will never use them again.

Please, if you value your car, DO NOT USE "SASHA AUTOS"

The customer service was diabolical from the Owner, did not care one bit.

Really should have googled these guys first because If i had of found whats on the internet about them, I would NEVER have used them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Charter bullet 8
    If you have a problem with a business and need advice, please use Consumer Issues forum. If someone asks for recommendations, don't use the opportunity to mention places that have "wronged" you. Take it up with the manager instead of the internet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement